"Normalcy"

For the first time in months, maybe, Tubbo finds himself on his own.

It's not that it's bad or stifling in any way, rather it's pleasantly warm as he sits on his couch with only Micheal by his side. He's wearing an outfit that's quite well worn and he's planning on eventually trying to see what's going on with his (likely neglected) garden but for now he's content just sitting alone with his thoughts and a cat purring against his leg.

Today's the day that the housemates had decided to try and let things return to something akin to normalcy when Ranboo asked about it the other night, meaning that with the notice of Ranboo's bosses returning soon and Tommy having already talked things out with Jack Manifold, the other two boys will be starting work again soon. Until then Ranboo is just helping out Niki, not that that's much different to him actually working. The end result is the same, Tubbo has free time again (not that he has any idea what to do with it).

Tubbo chuckles softly to himself, this is embarrassing. His housemates have only been out of the house for like- ten minutes max. They have jobs to do, he knew that the days of almost never leaving each other's sights wouldn't last. He groans softly to himself, he can't even go on a flight like he wants to now that Tommy can't ditch Jack at the inn without anyone noticing. He does wonder just how often Tommy left early or even ditched completely just to fly with him but thinking about it brings up some conflicting feelings so he'll leave it at that, wondering.

With a huff the goat hybrid stands, ignoring the small angered huff of the cat that had been disturbed just a bit. He apologizes for it but heads to his room just the same, deciding that he needs to do anything. Just sitting around has never been a strong suit of his, though luckily he's not as bad as his brothers. He smiles to himself, musing over the idea of overworking just being a family trait . He walks to the watering can and gloves beside his bedside table with the decision that he may as well get started if he's going to be working on it.

The garden is a bit of a mess lately (geez, wonder why) but it's not as bad as he had been dreading. Everything he usually sees surviving the winter seems to still be a little alive, at the least. The familiar motions of weeding, repotting where possible and watering plants are comforting and by the end he's hopeful that most of the plants will make it. He'll have to get over the embarrassment around the house for the late-spring harvest so he can show Technoblade.

Being on his own for the first time in so long makes Tubbo feel sentimental, inviting fond memories over to play. As he prunes one of the plants that seems to have fared worse than the rest he finds himself remembering the time Tommy and Ranboo had decided to "help" with the gardening. It had been one of the first falls that they'd been living in the house for and Tubbo had woken up to the sight of Tommy and Ranboo trying to finish planting a few of the scallions Tubbo had bought. The two ender hybrids were covered in dirt, trying to keep themselves from laughing. After finding that the container the scallions where being planted in was overpacked and shaken up almost wildly (how they managed to even mess it up so much is beyond him). After the two took the time getting themselves and the sleepy (and thus grumpy) goat hybrid's garden, Tubbo had decided to give them each their own place to plant something.

Tommy, of course, had made it a competition, demanding that Tubbo also plant a plant in the same kind of "thrifted" bin so they could figure out who was the "plant king". He had agreed, though secretly the whole idea was just for his amusement, not that he saw what a "good job" the two had done and wanted to see if they should quit their jobs to "put their resources into just farming" (like he had said).

He got what he wanted, amusing doesn't even begin to describe the whole ordeal. Ranboo had been a bit of a clumsy mess, forgetting to water him and knocking it over a few times during the duration of the test. Meanwhile Tommy had absolutely smothered him. He would carry it around with him, watering it at the stream at every chance and "feeding it" grass. He'll be the first to admit that he knew that they were absolutely trying their best but he couldn't bring himself to tell them what to do when he got so many little things to amuse over. He hadn't been at all surprised when by the time winter ended the other two plants were dead. At the time, Tubbo wasn't as good with plants as he is now but he had at least survived, even if it became a little wilted. He was more than a little proud of it to be honest.