A moment in thyme

Tommy wakes up to the feeling of something tugging on his wing, he huffs sleepily as he folds it against his side. The sound of someone whining in response is hardly decodable through the fog of sleep. He opens an eye in mild curiosity but a bright haze distorts the familiar figure.

The figure shouts something at him, gesturing wildly with their arms. Tommy closes his eyes and curls into himself slightly, trying to just go back to sleep. 

He hears the figure groan and the rattling of a gate before feeling another tug on his wing. He gently bats away the hybrid with his tail. They just bleat in frustration. The sounds start to get more and more clear as the lingering sleep starts slipping away. To try and drag it back over him Tommy pushes the person away with his wing and growls sleepily.

"Come on!...... have to go.... Tommy!"

His eyes shoot open against his will, a wave of tension washing away the exhaustion even as the brightness beyond his eyelids makes him wince.

"Finally! We have to go back to Tommy, come on"

Tommy sighs, in relief over not being found out or in frustration over waking up over nothing he's not sure.

Meanwhile Tubbo returns to tugging his wing indignantly, the goat hybrid's arms trembling in effort as he fights against Tommy's attempts to return the appendage to being folded against his side.

He wishes he could speak so he could scold the boy for targeting his wings when there are plenty of ways to wake him up but since he can't he just flaps it once to tear it from Tubbo's hand and return it to his side with a glare at the smaller boy.

Tubbo just puffs his cheeks and stomps once, tail flicking in annoyance. Since it's totally the most intimidating thing Tommy's ever seen he begrudgingly stands up and stretches out his aching bones, no other reason.

He sits with a loud exhale through his nose, staring at Tubbo with half-lidded eyes and hoping it reads the "well, I'm up what the fuck do you want" expression he wants.

It must because Tubbo glares at him slightly

"Don't give me that!  come on, Ranboo's probably done with getting some food and packing by now."

Unsure of how long he was asleep Tommy just follows Tubbo out of the pens with his tail swaying lazily behind him. He follows them through the town but based on the amount of people and the way purple is still dancing in the sky it's pretty early for Tubbo to be so pushy about it. He doesn't even have work today!

"Oh! There he is"

Tubbo's step suddenly has a lot of spring as he rushes to meet Ranboo where the enderman hybrid is crouched, fidgeting with their bag. He rams into the poor lad head-first and Ranboo almost falls over and only doesn't drop the paper bag revealed by the attack because his tail lashes to steady him.

Tommy notes the fountain behind them and thanks the universe for not drenching him.

"Hey boss man! You're almost done?"

Ranboo takes a second to recover before nodding with a smile

"Yeah, once we've eaten we can head off as long as Mellohi feels up to it"

Two pairs of eyes shift from each other to Tommy who shakes himself to free him from the expecting gazes. Flapping his wings with a huff.

He tries to fake annoyance despite the way Ranboo's smile brightens and Tubbo's soft laugh.

"Seems like he is, what 'cha get to eat?"

Not waiting for an answer Tubbo frees the paper bag from Ranboo's hands and peeks in, almost stuffing his whole face in as he investigates the contents but his tail raises with a slight sway so Mellohi assumes it's good.