Skipped stones

Tubbo wakes up with a face full of feathers and a mouth dryer than the back of a sand wurm (though perhaps that's a bit dramatic, Tubbo gives himself a pass due to how early it just be)

He opens his eyes and sees sunlight beyond a sea of feathers signaling that it is very much not early (though perhaps it's still early in snowchester).

He pushes away from the dragon he was using as a bed only for He lets out a bleat to express the horrors going on in his dry, sore, possibly dying body, smiling at the responding growl despite it.

He pulls himself to his feet and stretches, feeling less on the verge of death.

He takes a morning shower (trying to ignore how huge and fancy the guest bathroom is here) and more or less follows his normal routine before he's finally awake enough to recognize his surroundings beyond the dragon sleeping in the center of the room and brave entering the house beyond it.

The floors are cold underfoot but not unbearably so and when he successfully makes it to the kitchen a water, note and piece of toast are already waiting there.

" hey kid,
we didn't want to wake you up so we just left breakfast in the kitchen. You'll find us outside and Phil wants to take you to the store sometime today so make sure to wear a coat.
Techno"

Or at least that's what Tubbo guesses it says, the writing is neat but fancy to the point of hardly being legible (especially when near print seemed to take Tubbo much more effort than Ranboo or Tommy).

Assuming he got it correct Tubbo climbs onto a stool that seems far too tall to be convenient and crunches down on the toast, noting that while it isn't as good as Niki's bread it must be homemade.

He lets his thoughts wander while he eats, kicking his legs slightly as he comes to the conclusion that Kristin probably is the one who baked it since none of the others seemed to be able to sit still (besides technoblade but imagining the strong,loyal hybrid baking bread for a random kid seems absurd).

When he's done he slides off the stool and spends some time finding the sink and rinsing his plate and adding it the the existing stack because he's a good guest... or at least he's trying to do what he thinks a good guest does.

Once satisfied with his food and the cleanliness of the kitchen he's leaving Tubbo turns his attention towards the other part of the note.

"Outside, huh, not that descriptive"

He sighs and makes his way back to the guest room, only to find it empty of large feathery dragons.

He frowns, scanning the room again as if he could have simply missed Mellohi.

He opens his mouth to call out for the dragon but hesitates before  the sound leaves his lips as his ear flicks in response to the sound of scrambling footsteps in the bathroom.

"Mellohi?"

It comes out more cautious than it was meant to be but a chirp responds and when he throws open the door the dragon is crammed into the bathroom, squeezing himself through the doorway with an almost panicked urgency.

After an attempt to understand what he just saw Tubbo concludes that there is no logical reason for the whole ordeal and that he should save overthinking it for when he's trying to sleep at night.

" you good, boss man? The sleepy bois are outside and I have the feeling that they want us to join them"

Mellohi, as a dragon, only huffs in response and shakes himself before looking at the barn door trying to blend into the wall.  Tubbo unlocks the latch and opens the door-