Purring Unknowable things

For lunch Ranboo ended up making some mushroom soup that Niki recently taught them how to make and gave them the stuff for. It's pleasantly creamy and sweet- though Ranboo still hasn't quite figured out how to do Niki's recepies much justice. Tubbo can't bring himself to mind though, sitting on the couch with his bowl of it once Tommy gets home.

Tommy is sitting across from them at the windowsill, taking care not to spill anything on the cat that took the first opportunity to plop himself on the dragon hybrid's leg. Granted, Tubbo doesn't have a cat on his lap but still should probably be trying harder to avoid spilling anything than he is. Perhaps soup on the couch is a tad more precarious than he had given thought to.

Still, it's good soup (tm) and he was successful in starring Tommy down visibly enough for the blond to pause his eating for long enough to let his wings out somewhat begrudgingly. Part of Tubbo flutters nervously at the way the still lingering hesitance around the dragon features spells out a point of difficulty for the conversion he's about to try and have. At least he got Ranboo on the same general page enough that it's two against one (he pushes away the part of him that worries that they'll be pressuring Tommy into something they shouldn't be- or that they'll push him away by ground teamed up) and he knows that no matter how much Tommy denies it, he's weak for his other herd members.

Still, while they continue eating in near silence, the goat hybrid finds himself having to practically beat up his own fears before he can try and tackle Tommy's. Afterall, can he really suggest that they even just try and get information from Eret about something as possibly damning as the mere idea of dragon hybrids racing alongside regular dragons.

"So... how was work?"

Even as small talk starts to replace the silence he can't quite focus on it just yet. None of his books mentioned anything about it, can he really be certain that Tommy's fears about other people knowing that he's a hybrid are unfounded.

"It was fine, you?"

"Oh yeah, it was actually kind of interesting. Wilbur visited the library"

"Oh?"

Tubbo might be risking his ability to ever be a dragon racer. Worse, he might be risking Tommy's safety.

"Yeah, said you where ignoring him"

Tommy huffs fondly and Tubbo chuckles at it but he doesn't feel like he was really in the action.

"In my defense, he was being a clingy bitch. Hopefully wasn't too annoying for y'a."

"Nah, not really. Interesting guy, though"

"That's one way of putting it!"

What if they have to run away, or at least move? Or go into hiding? He doesn't want to be the reason they lose their newfound security.

"Mhm... say- "

Ranboo glances over to Tubbo, who forces himself to start paying more attention again.
Part of him feels like it's scrambling for more time to think but he just nods at Ranboo and tries to backpedal on his own fears.

"Wil said somthing interesting that I thought we should probably all discuss"

"That so?"

Tubbo shakes his head softly, trying to fix his posture and convince himself of his own point again.

"Yep, apparently Eret is going to visit soon to discuss future dragon races"

"Oh, ok... what do we need to discuss?"

"Well, uh"

Tubbo braces himself as Ranboo looks to him for aid , reminding himself that they don't need to be direct to Eret and that there's a possibility that this could help them. That it could prevent Tommy from having to close off again. Besides, if they do need to run away and hide it's not like they're still the three lone kids with no money or help anymore. The sbi and Niki already know and they seem like they'd be willing to help them get to somewhere safe. He takes a deep breath, reconvinced and ready to try and convince Tommy of his idea, too.