Winter in fall

When Tommy wakes up it takes his mind a moment to realize he had fallen asleep in the first place. He's in his normal cow-themed bedding and dust glitters in the moonlight bathing him through his window.

It's quiet which is good considering what he's about to do.

For three nights now he's done the same thing, gone to the same place, practiced for the same upcoming events.

He's not going to let the night after his first break during the day be the day he rests for this, if anything he should be more upset that he actually fell asleep for once. He doesn't have time to not practice at night, people lurk where he would go during the day to watch for any possible practicing dragons and he doesn't want to make a fool of himself, of Tubbo.

He stretches quietly and drags himself out of bed, shrugging off his blankets and feeling grateful for the pads on his feet quieting his footsteps. The last thing he wants to do is wake Ranboo, the enderman hybrid is a light sleeper and probably wouldn't take kindly to him leaving in the middle of the night.

Well that's probably the wrong way to say it, Ranboo would take it too kindly and either stop him from leaving, insist on coming, follow behind or just worry out of his mind over nothing.

None of those options are ideal.

What is ideal is making his way to the front door as silently as he can possibly manage. He avoids any creaky floorboards with practiced ease and doesn't dare breathe.

His house looks so odd at night, the darkness is comfortable but it's so empty and still that if time stopped completely he wouldn't be able to notice. It lacks the warmth of a fire or his best friends.

He sags in relief once he's finally reached the other side of his front door.

The moonlight that streams so steadily into his room is unable to reach the majority of the land in front of their house this early into the night. He doesn't even leave his front yard before shifting, feeling confident that he is the only one who would not only be awake and in front of his house at this time but the few people who maybe would don't have night vision well enough to see his dark purple feathers in the dark, other than his eyes he blends pretty well to the world around him at night.

The cold darkness is comforting against his large feathers and he can't help but wonder if Ranboo likes the night as much as he does.

He makes his way towards the stadium that used to taunt him and Tubbo so much.

It's open to practice for any dragon riders and he's hoping to get good enough to be able to actually go along with Tubbo's pleas of practice with him.

In moments the stadium is below him and he's able to dive down and land on the grass with a small thud. He immediately has to shake off the instinctual discomfort with the towering walls full of seats without a single person.

He takes a deep breath and decides just to get right into it, he makes use of a running start and jumps onto the first platform only to skid off with a surprised Yelp. He hurts in frustration, he is the best man to ever exist he shouldn't be having so much trouble with it.

He tries again and again but keeps sliding off or falling short. The few times he reaches the first platform he misses the second. He growls before trying again and clipping his wing's edge on the bottom half of the second platform.

He whimpers quietly before walking his way to under the first platform and laying in the complete shade and rests his eyes, laying his wings open to hopefully make them stop stoning from the scrape.

He listens to the sounds of crickets chirping and the slight whistle of the wind going through the building. He relaxes into the grass just before a sound catches his attention that is anything but normal.