Chapter 1 ~~~~~~~ My goodbyes

*Flash's POV*

I was never ever prepared for this to happen. I was ready to cry for the one I loved. But...Twilight's more than that...I cared about her all throughout my life.

Soarin and Cheese Sandwich just left off to help the others, and by that I meant the fellow survivors. Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and of course my three children, Starlight, Meteor and Violet.

What happened to ButtonMash and Sweetie Belle? Due to the explosion, they were teleported to the moon. I'm not sure if they're still alive.

Violet grew up to be 18 years old, Starlight was 17 and Meteor was 17 1/2. I was 25 when Violet was born so approximately... I'm 43.

Twilight? She'd be 41 by now if she was alive...well...she's dead, now...I couldn't do anything about it...

I was a coward. I was too scared to enter the forcefield. I didn't know back then that Twilight was about to experience her death.

If I knew she was gonna die, I would've just at least tried to face my fears and die for her. Unfortunately it went the other way around. She saved me.

I sat on the log quietly while drinking a bucket of fresh water. I stared at the stars, reminding myself of Twilight.

~~~the next day~~~

BEEP BEEP!

I smashed my alarm clock shut, rubbing my eye slowly. I sighed to myself, "Another day of no importance whatsoever..."

"Dad! You're awake!"

I gasped terrifyingly as I turned around, wait... Why's starlight here?

"Starlight? What're you doing here? I thought you were at the Crystal Empire."

Her eyes shrunk in disappointment while laughing softly "oh god, dad...you did not age well..."

I raised my eye (A/N: since ponies have no eyebrows) confusingly, "What?"

She walked to a calendar and pointed at a Sunday which said...Twilight's birth anniversary...

My eyes began to widen as I found out, today's Twilight birthday. Or as ponies call it "birth anniversary".

"How're we gonna celebrate without the bday celebrant? That's man logic right there."

Starlight facepalmed disgracefully, "Wow...dad...those five years are really killing you right now-"

"What're you doing, still dilly dallying here?"

We both turned around, and I didn't know Violet was here, too.

"Now cmon, let's go already. Meteor and I've already prepared a program for the anniversary."

Starlight smiled, "Okay. Dad? You coming."

I paused for a moment, then I sighed, "I'll be there in a sec. Just give me a few minutes to prepare."

Violet gave me a confused look, "We're not humans...but...o-Kay...we'll be...outside..."

Both of the mares left my tent. I have to prepare...