Chapter 5

I woke up around 8 so I can be a somewhat functioning human being before the handyman gets here.

I make my way into the kitchen to check the damage. Luckily, the bucket worked. It's pretty full, but at least no more water is on the floor.

I brew my coffee and make my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower.

About 5 minutes into the shower, mid shampoo, the doorbell rings. I quickly try and wash the shampoo out of my hair. Luckily, it's not very long, so it doesn't take long.

The door bell rings again.

"You have got to be kidding me." I say grunting in frustration.

I make my way out of the shower and wrap my towel around my body. Looking at my phone I see it's 8:30; the handyman is early.

The door bell rings again.

Well, I guess I'm going to be answering the door in a towel.

I rush to the door in the hopes that the doorbell doesn't ring again.

I open the the door frazzled, "I'm so sorry! I was told 9:00." I say facing away from him. I'm basically naked, I'd rather have them see my backside than my front at this point. "The leak is-"

"Jackie?" The persons interrupts. I know that voice. I slowly turned around and meet Alex's eyes.

"You're the handyman?" I ask timidly.

"Yepp." He said holding up a tool box.

Of course, just my luck.

"The leak is in here." I start walking to the sink.

"I'll take a look." He offers me a shy smile.

He bends over to look at the leak. He has a great ass. I can't look away. His plain black shirt hugs him perfectly. It rides up just a little showing me a bit of his muscly back.

A sudden rush of heat passes over me, when I remember what he looked like shirtless.

"If you're going to be going under the sink, your shirt is going to get wet." I inform him.

Wow, that was smooth. Not.

He stands up and looks at me amused before taking off his shirt.

Fuck me. I forgot how good he looked without his shirt off.

Keep it in your pants, Lynn.

"Is that better?" He says with subtle suggestiveness. I barely notice. I'm too busy taking him all in.

He slowly approaches me. He comes so close our noses are almost touching. My eyes move to his mouth. He swipes his tongue along his lower lip.

He's doing this on purpose. And he's enjoying it.

I feel like I'm in a porno or something. Where the handy plumber comes over to 'clean out my pipes'.

He leans in, his lips grazing my ear. "You're wet." He says in a low voice.

"Yeah, I am."