Chapter 4

School has been in session for 2 weeks and it has gotten quite hectic. It's Friday night. Kacey and I decided on a night in.

I've been busy working on a fundraiser coming up in spring. The fundraiser is for the PTO to raise money for them to use for the next year, so that they have funds to give money and supplies to teachers when we request. 

Last year, they bought me 2 iPads for my classroom to help my students learn their numbers and letters through some apps. So when they asked me to help out, I couldn't say no.

They're planning on doing a carnival type theme with games, rides, and inflatables. My job, so far, has been to convince vendors to donate or give us a reduced rate for the event and/or get money donations from other business willing to help sponsor the event.

I have been lucky because I have some great connections with many business owners because of their children being former students. I always pride myself on having great relationships with my students' parents because we are a team.

These relationships I've built have proven quite useful as 75% of the event is already funded.

I don't like to toot my own horn or anything, but I rock.

"I hope you're hungry!" Kacey says coming through the front door with bags of food in her hands. "I couldn't decide what I was in the mood for, so I ordered a bunch of different entrees."

I stand up and follow her into my kitchen. My kitchen and living room are basically the same room. They're separated by the flooring. The kitchen has tile, while the living room has carpet.

She places the food on the counter before grabbing a wine glass and pouring some for herself.

I start taking the Chinese containers out of the bag.

"You weren't kidding!" I say realizing how much food she actually got.

There is lo mein, sweet and sour chicken, chicken fried rice, beef and broccoli, crab Rangoon's, spring rolls and sweet and sour soup.

"You expect us to eat this all?" I ask in disbelief.

"Wouldn't be the first time." She giggles.

I go to the cupboard to take out some plates.

"So... Kayden has this friend." She begins.

"I'm going to stop you right there." I say handing her a plate. "I do not want to be set up." I say definitively.

"Oh, come on!" She says playfully pouting, "he's so cute!"

"Do I have to remind you the last time you tried setting me up?" I say as I begin to load my plate with a little of everything.

"That wasn't my fault!" She quickly defends. "How was I supposed to know he was going to be a freak?" She laughs.

"There is nothing wrong with a little freaky." I clarify. "But when he begins to rub my feet in the middle of dinner followed by him groaning loudly." I shutter at the embarrassing memory.

"He seemed normal, okay?" She begins to laugh, "what did he say again?" She asks knowingly.

"He said my sexy feet made up for the fact that I wasn't as attractive as he was expecting." I say annoyed, followed by laughter because it really is ridiculous.

"Ah, yes!" She says following me into the living room with our food. "Ok, but what if I can ensure he doesn't have any weird fetishes?" She pleads.

"I don't know." I say hesitantly before taking a bite of my spring roll.