Chapter 12

Alex sits across from me, his mouth moves as he talks about something, I'm not sure what.  He's too distracting, especially when his tongue wets his plump bottom lip between pauses.  Oh what I would give anything to pull his bottom lip with my teeth, slide my tongue in his mouth, and let him take me right here on this table.

But I can't do that. Right? I mean that would be horrible behavior for a date—and in public.

Although I had agreed to go on a date with him, I put it off for three weeks. Just because the thought of something more terrified me.

He never gave up though, surprising me with coffee, breakfast treats, or flowers every morning at work when he's drop off Isabell.

Finally, I gave in. Which is why right now, we're at a restaurant, trying to 'get to know each other' again. But it's pointless, the anticipation of what could come tonight kills me.

I shaved everything, picked out a new outfit, spent extra time on my hair and make up and put on my favorite perfume. Yet all he's doing is droning on and on about spreadsheets?  Or  fixing a shower drain? Or was it selling insurance?

What in the hell does he do for a living again?

I'd probably know if I was listening, but I can't look away. Fuck, why does he have to be so sexy?

Every aspect about him is godlike. His eyes are brown around his pupils but then blend into a beautiful hazel. He has one of those full smiles that brighten up his whole face. And I just love that thick dark brown hair of his. My favorite is when it gets long, it curls a little on the top, which makes it perfect to pull, especially when I'm able to guide him exactly where I need him. Don't even get me started on the scruff.

Come on, Lynn snap out of it.

Shifting in my seat, I rub my thighs together, relieving some of the building tension.

"Will you stop doing that?" Alex clenches his jaw, taking a deep breath.

Blushing, I try and hide my face. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You've been undressing me with your eyes for the past fifteen minutes." His voice low, scolding and oh so sexy.

That doesn't help, Alex.

"It's our first date, and you're sitting there objectifying me," he teases, but unable to fight a chuckle.

"This is not our first date." I argue.

"The one six years ago doesn't count. This is a do over."

A smile spreads across my face at the memory. "I don't know why you want a do over. From what I remember, it was so great it ended with a bang."

Alex shakes his head, clearly trying to fight a smile, but I notice the corner of his mouth lifting just a smidge.

"Do you remember?" I tease, my voice low. "We couldn't keep our hands off each other."

For the first time tonight, he looks at me, really looks at me. My body comes alive from the gentle caress of his gaze, starting from my face, down to my neck, stopping just for a moment on the small amount of cleavage I have showing. His eyes are glassy, filled with lust and his breath quickens.