home at last

Tw: implied SA

Dally POV

it's been a week since Soda went to jail. Today he'd be home. The gang was at his house waiting. Honestly, if it was anyone else, I wouldn't care. Nobody was as happy as Soda was, his smile and laugh made everyone happy, even if they were feeling down. Jail corrupts you,, every bit of love for the world is gone once you hit those cold floors for the first time,, especially at his age.. we were greasers and always tended to get jumped or whatever, but even socs didn't compare to what the idiots in there would do. The thought of one of the bastards touching him or making him cry just made me upset. Soda has got the looks that drive regular good-looking people crazy. His personality is even better than his smile. Oh, poor Sodapop. I really hope they didn't do nothin' to him, he don't deserve it like I do.

We all waited patiently till we heard a knock at the door, Pony was the one to answer. Soda stood there, silently looking down. Darry walked over and hugged him as he cursed in his ear. I knew Soda felt bad. Pony hugged him too. He hugged back after a minute and they pulled him inside. I really wasn't payin' much attention, mostly caught up in thought. I was still thinking when I heard my name. "Dallas!"

I looked up at Sodapop who was standin' in front of me. "Hey man" I said with a smile. He gave an awkward smile. Did he want a hug? From me? I hugged him and I heard Pony whisper to Johnny who giggled at what he said. Why was it so shocking? Or am I just over-thinking.

Soda sat there and hugged me for a minute, a very long minute. Everyone was already talking about other stuff. His body was slightly trembling, then it clicked. He was hugging me cause I've been in there, he was hugging me cause I understood. It's crazy what just a week can do to you.

"Yo, me and Soda are goin' on a walk" I shouted over to Darry. "We are?" Soda asked quietly. "Uhm, no he ain't" Darry said. "Oh c'mon man, I'll be with him"
"That's the problem." He said with a glare.
"We'll be fine" Soda mumbled
Darry rolled his eyes "be back by 10"

I smiled and nodded, dragging Soda out of the house. We started up the sidewalk. He was quiet.. oddly quiet. "Talk" I said, keeping my eyes straight. Soda tilted his head. "come on, dont be an idiot. Spit it out. Vent. Ramble. Cry. Do something" I said, coming to a stop. Soda stared at me for a second then looked down. "I never wanna go back, dallas. It was horrible. Absolutely horrible." He started. I didn't bother to say anything, he'd stop if I did. "They kept going, they just kept going, dally, they wouldn't stop! The food was nasty, I haven't eaten since I was put in, I haven't slept in days it seems and people wouldn't leave me alone, they kept sayin I was overweight, that I was set useless waste and others said that even though my face was ugly, my body was-.." He trailed off. Dammit Sodapop, God dammit! He stood there silently. Not Soda, anyone but Soda. I pulled him into a hug and he put his head against my chest. He started crying, it seemed like he'd been holding it in for years. "It's ok.." I mumbled into his ear. "It's gonna be ok."

______________________________

Don't bully me please
I'm begging