7

tw: self harm, offensive comments, degradation (and not the kinky kind)

--------

Minho was getting ready for his date with Chan. He noticed how Chan would zone out more that usual lately, and on top of that he would work on tracks and the production line; there was so much he was doing at the same time, he decided Chan needed a break. What would better than a dinner date? Sure, there was the option to just cancel the reservation and just cuddle whilst watching a rom-com, but Minho - being the extra boyfriend he is - decides to treat Chan at his favorite restaurant a good thirty to forty minutes away.

He got ready in his best casual, yet formal, outfit. It was a white shirt with a comfy leather coat that went a little past the waist line. Black pants to contrast the shirt, belt, and black boots. Minho slicked his hair back, only to shake his head in disappointment, letting his ginger locks frame his face messily. Minho adjusted the bangs a little bit. Finally content with his look, he walked out of his room and went to Chan's room.

With out knocking, he walked in on Chan fixing his makeup. It wasn't a dramatic look, just a simple, "no makeup" look. In Minho's opinion, Chan looked so adorable with out makeup, but he respected the elder's decision. Chan caught Minho in the reflection of the mirror and shrieked. "Don't scare me like that Minho! I could have died of a heart attack, then what would you have said,"

Minho chuckled at Chan's sudden outburst. His attention immediately went to Chan's outfit. He was wearing a silky, black button-up shirt, half tucked in indigo ripped jeans and black converse shoes. His fluffy blonde hair looked a bit messy but it went with the outfit tremendously. "Are you ready to go Mr. Bang Chan?"

"Aish, yes I am ready. And don't call me Mr. Bang Chan, makes me feel old,"

"Like you aren't already," Changbin said. That startled Chan again, and Minho saw it coming, but still flinched slightly. "Both of you are, to be honest. Now go outside and socialize, be it with yourselves or with the waiter, chop chop!"

They sighed and left the dorms, eventually. During the car ride, Chan was so caught up in ranting that he hadn't realized they arrived at their destination. Minho cleared his throat to get his attention.

-
"Oh, we're here," Chan looked at the cuisine. "oH WE'RE HERE?" He shouted. "Minho! You know how- you didn't- why?" He said, looking back and forth between the building and Minho.

"Because I wanted to, Channie," Minho took Chan's hand in his. "You deserve a break and why not have it at your favorite food place?" Minho, being the gentleman he is, opened the door for Chan on the way in.

"Why thank you kind sir," Chan giggled.

"You're at most welcome, my prince," Minho replied. They sat at a booth near the entrance and called for a waiter. They both decided to get samgyetang with bibimbap. It was pretty simple, but the way the place makes it is what gets to Chan. That's why he loves it so much.
————
They got their order a while ago, half of it gone already. Chan didn't have a proper meal in, god knows how many days. Minho could see that and it made him happy as well as a little disappointed due to the fact Chan never took good care of himself.

Once they finished their meal, Minho went to go pay the bill. Chan insisted on splitting the bill, but his boyfriend was too stubborn about it, resulting in him waiting for Minho to come back. He wished Minho would hurry up faster; he saw people staring at him in a disgusted way and felt uncomfortable.

Chan flinched as the unknown person slammed his hand on the table. "Hey, faggot, I don't know why people like you exist, but whatever you're doing is wrong. So why don't you do everyone a favor and be normal,"

I should say something, c'mon Chan, say something.
Quick!

"Normal? I'm pretty normal wether I'm gay or not, but why the fuck are you talking to me? Didn't your mom teach you not to speak to strangers?" And Chan is screwed.

"What the fuck did you say to me? Don't you dare bring my mother into this, you faggot!" He grabbed Chan by the hair with a deathly grip. Thankfully Minho made it just in time to punch the man square in the nose, grabbing Chan's arm and making a run for it in the process.

"Are you okay Channie? Are you hurt anywhere?" Minho asked as he hugged Chan. Faint sniffles could be heard., which turned into cries.

"'M sorry,"

"No no no no no Chan, what is there to be sorry about. It's not your fault,"

"'M still sorry," Chan sniffled again. "I ruined the date, didn't I? Maybe he was right, if only I did what was asked of me," Chan mumbled the last part, but Minho still heard it.

"You didn't ruin anything Chan, and what were you asked to do? Please tell me it wasn't anything bad," Chan nodded. "Shit, please Chan, I don't want to force it out of you but please promise me...promise me you won't ever hurt or kill yourself," Chan nodded again.

"You know I can't live without you babe, right?" Chan looked up and nodded for the third time. Tears streaming his eyes. Minho gave him a peck on the lips and another hug. They cut the date short and went back to the dorms to cuddle.

Chan was replaying the talk in his head. He made promises to not hurt himself, but what they others didn't know was that Chan had his fingers crossed when he swore he wouldn't.

Some promises are meant to be broken right?
———
oo that was bad and not proofread but i will check it, later. But yea. ANYWAYS- what you think shall happen in next chapter 👀