02. | Lion Eyes

Giselle
Atlanta, Georgia 📍
After Christmas
(The Present Time)

Giselle had put on her mink fur coat that she took out of the closet to wear because It was cold outside and most Importantly she didn't want to get sick.

She open up the door to check her mail to see If anything came today she peeked Inside her mailbox and saw a yellow package with a familiar address on It I guess the package was meant for her then but at the same time why did It mention China and Brandy names on It which that part was confusing.

Giselle went back Inside her house holding the package In her hand as Brandy flew downstairs with her nighties still on.

"Hey Mom do we've some mail?" Brandy said kissing her on the cheek

Giselle smiled sweetly and looked down at the package again.

"Yeah I guess and It's from Tina!" Giselle said showing her the package. 

"Grandma?" Brandy says shocked looking at the package as she waited to open It she wanted China to be their when she do.

"BB how did Tina knew that you and your sister China exist?" Giselle asked her daughter.

"Well the other day me and sister looked on this website about our family's history because we wanted answers ma" Brandy says looking at her while her eyes got glossy seeing that her grandmother finally wrote them back.

"What the hell, Brandy why are you snooping on the Internet It's dangerous for little women like yourselves that's how girls goes missing everyday In the world!!!" Giselle said pointing at Brandy.

"I know ma but we didn't have no choice we wanted to know what our family was like and we just didn't want to go In your bedroom to snoop so this was our only chance...." Brandy said getting on her phone too text her sister China. 

"Baby girl, are you listening to me last time your Aunt did something like this she went missing and ended up In back of a van all because she wanted to meet somebody that bad the lord must have been watching over her because she was able to get away before that man did something terrible to her" Giselle said telling her a story.

"Wait Auntie Piaget went missing before?" Brandy says looking up at her.

"Yes that's what I'm trying to tell you" Giselle said.

"Okay my bad I didn't know but this will be the list time I promise" Brandy said.

"Mhm" Giselle said.

"Love you ma I'll be upstairs listening to my music!" Brandy says running back upstairs.

"Okay baby girl and I love you too!" Giselle says to her daughter.

Giselle fixed herself some coffee as her cellphone rings she sighed and answered her phone.

"Hello this is Giselle" Giselle says answering the phone on her best behavior. 

"Hey girl It's Kelly do you want to go shopping with me" Kelly says cheerful.

"Shopping does sounds fun I guess I go um Kelly you remember my mother Tina"

"Oh sure I do by the way what happened to her?" Kelly asked.

"Well she's living and that's good but her and I haven't talked since I left home and then all of a sudden I finds a package from her sent to my address I guess she's been trying to build a grandmother relationship with my daughters" Giselle says.

"Oh shit" Kelly said.

"Mhm that's what I said too girl." Giselle says tapping her weave while she rolled her eyes.

Giselle just didn't know about that.

【****】

Tina
Houston, TX 📍
January 6, 1998
(Flashback)

"Um dinner is on the stove hey where's your sister Giselle?" Tina says talking to her oldest daughter.

Giselle was three months In her pregnancy she was expecting twins and due late In August she didn't even tell her parents any of this because they might get mad.

"Oh I don't know s-she ain't here yet?" Giselle says walking In the door with her friends Farrah, Kelly and Michelle.

"Damn what time is it?" Farrah said.

"No It's after nine o'clock sometimes I wish that girl didn't do stupid shit....anyway Giselle can you call her now and see what time she coming home before I end up yanking her by her hair myself!" Tina says as everyone was shock.

"Yes ma'am...I'll call her and tell her to get her ass home" Giselle says staring up at her own mother.

"Good goodnight ladies!" Tina says walking upstairs.

"Goodnight, Mrs. Evans" The girls say In unison.

To Be Continued...

The wait is finally over.

What do you think of Giselle and her mother Tina?