𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

Upon seeing your target alongside three of Inarizaki's members, Yamagata pulls out two pistols. "Here, take this," he says as he passes you on. "It's time to get out."

After cocking his gun, Yamagata puts his hand on the handle of the door. With a final breath, he steps out.

"Hands up!" he shouts, "Back away from him!"

The next thing you hear is Kita's laughter. "The hell? You some kinda cop?" he mocks.

"My name is Yamagata Hayato. I am from Shiratorizawa," he spits back.

"Ohh," Kita smirks, "that makes much more sense." He then pushes the muzzle of the gun he's carrying against Kosaku's temple. "I knew you were a little fucking rat!"

It's your turn now to step out of the car. The moment you do, Ginjima and Atsumu point their guns at you obviously unaware of your true identity. Unfazed, you walk with Yamagata towards the four others.

Atsumu scoffs at the stone-cold looks on your faces. "That must be some lousy date for your girl there, Yamagata. Go bring her somewhere else before she winds up on the ground."

Without so much as a hesitation, Yamagata shoots Atsumu in the shoulder. An unadulterated and unfortunate gasp slips from your lips, the name Atsumu spilling from your mouth.

At your behavior, Kita drops Kosaku to the ground and points his gun right at you. "Come here," he commands.

You move your gun to face him as well. "Why the hell would I do that?"

This time, Kita points his gun down at Atsumu's form kneeling on the ground.

"Y/N," Yamagata whispers through his teeth, "stay fucking still. He won't kill his own man."

"All you have to do, dear, is take a few steps toward me and I won't shoot. You care about him, don't you?" Kita hums, his words seeping into your brain like venom.

You briefly look at Yamagata, sending a silent apology to him before stepping forward. It's for the best, you tell yourself, you would rather sacrifice yourself than see Atsumu hurt even more. You then do as Kita's asked of you and take a few steps towards him.

"That's a good girl," he grins as he walks to meet you halfway. Completely unbothered by the gun in your hands, he tugs on your wig to reveal your true hair underneath. "Wow, your idiotic disguise was all for naught once you saw him get hurt," he scoffs, "Pathetic."

With that, Kita pushes you onto the ground beside Atsumu and pressed his gun against your forehead. "You're a resilient one. I really did think you burned up alongside Ojiro and Riseki."

"I'm not that weak," you spit.

"Oh really?" he hums as his gun pushes your head back to face upwards. He then tilts your head to the side where you find Atsumu staring at you, his eyes wide with shock. "I bet a bullet through your head would still kill you, though."

You don't flatter Kita with a response as you gaze back at Atsumu. To your surprise, it seems as if all this time he really did think you were dead... as if he missed you.

Kita scoffs as he realizes the moment you're sharing with his friend. "I don't know how, but Atsumu's ridiculous prediction was right." He then looks up at Ginjima and nods. "Kill the other one."

"No!" you shout as you scramble up onto your feet to stand between Ginjima and his target. However, Atsumu grabs onto your arm and pulls you back down to him.

"Y/N I'm not going to lose you again," he chokes out.

"You ass, I'm not going anywhere with you if my partner's dead!"

Just then, a loud cracking noise breaks out and echoes against the tunnel's walls. To your right, you see Kosaku standing behind Kita's collapsing body. Yamagata takes the moment everyone stares at the scene to run at Gijima. His hand grabs Gijima's hand and tosses his pistol out of reach before holding him at gunpoint. When your eyes flash back to Kosaku, he does the same to Kita.

"Y/N," Yamagata calls to you, "what do you want to go? We've got Kosaku, we can go now!"

"I, uh," you start as you look down at Atsumu. You think back to the past month and how all this time Ushijima's been manipulating you and keeping you constantly under his watch. "Do you want me to come back?" you ask sincerely, the question devoted to Atsumu.

His bloody hand weakly lifts from its spot on his shoulder to your cheek. "I want nothing more than for you to be safe."

Your hand meets his, your eyes peering into his bloodshot red ones. "I'll feel safest with you."

Atsumu smiles before yelling out in a fit of pain. You wrap your arms around him to stop him from falling face down on the ground.

Yamagata sighs. "The boss is going to fucking kill me for this, but if you're happy then fine. Stay with him."

"Hayato," you say as you look at your friend with a frown over your features. "Thank you. Please be careful."

"You idiots," Kita growls, having enough with the sappy moment. "I'll just kill her the second you get away!"

"No," Atsumu interrupts, "no way in hell I'll let you do that."

Kita's face contorts into a pissed-off appearance. He wishes he could do more than stand idly by as the rest of you talk without taking his opinion into account and disregard him completely.

Without a word exchanged between the two of them, Yamagata and Kosaku nod before simultaneously shooting Kita and Ginjima in the foot and making a break for it to the car. The moment the door is shut behind them, the car speeds away.

"Goddammit, those fucking Shiratorizawa bastards will pay with their lives," Kita groans as he picks up his gun and limps over to you.

"Kita, please..." Atsumu begs on your defense. "She won't get in your way, I swear."

The Inarizaki boss scoffs but does as Atsumu pleads and lowers his gun.

"You're one lucky bitch."