𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚃𝚠𝚘

As you make your way through the now-crowded meeting room filled with both Inarizaki and Shiratorizawa members laughing and shaking hands, you spot Atsumu in the crowd. When his eyes catch onto you, a big smile beams across his face. He reaches his arms out, totally ignoring the glass of champagne in his left hand. Once you're within arm's length, he wraps his free arm around your waist.

"There you are! You've been hiding the whole meeting down at the other end," he sighs. "You should have been up here with us. You are the one who orchestrated this whole thing after all!"

"I don't think I should really talk all the credit," you tell him as you're pulled tighter against his side.

"Hm?" Tendou's voice echoes through your ears as his face appears on the other side of Atsumu. "He isn't wrong, you know. This wouldn't have happened without you!"

At almost the same time, Yamagata approaches you and rubs your head a bit rougher than you'd like. "It seems my old partner's gotten too important for me!"

"Hayato!" you shout defensively. "It's not like that!"

"Don't worry, I'm only teasing," he chuckles. "I'm proud of you."

Next to Yamagata, Ohira pops up. "I agree," he grins. "You can be a handful at times, God do I know that, but I'm still pleased with everything you'd done!"

"I second that!" Atsumu laughs loudly.

You scoff at his comment. "Like you're one to talk!"

Hearing your words, Atsumu quiets down. The smile across his lips fade into a more serious expression. "That reminds me... I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Sure," you smile, remembering that Nori expressed it couldn't possibly be anything bad.

Atsumu excuses the two of you and leads you outside of the meeting room. "How do we get outside from here?" he asks after looking either way and having no sense of direction in the unfamiliar building.

"I'll show you," you chuckle as you lace your fingers in with his.

You guide him to the center of the building where there's a huge, beautiful garden lined with trees, greenery, and a small stream. Atsumu's jaw almost drops as he takes in the view before pulling you towards a bench in the middle of the garden. When he gets there, he sits and ushers for you to do the same.

Then, for a moment, Atsumu only stares into your eyes without saying so much as a single word. As you observe the look on his face, you can't quite decipher what he's thinking. Is he even thinking at all, or just allowing the suspension and anxiety to build up within you?

"Y/N," he finally begins, straightening his back and never failing to look away from your eyes. "I love you and I want you to marry me!"

Your eyes widen. Nori was right, but you didn't think he'd actually propose to you! As you're lost in thought, Atsumu's eyebrow twitches. His patience is thinning out. He's probably been plagued with worry about your answer all day... possibly even longer.

"Come on, give me your answer," his posture relaxes as he leans into your ear. "I already know what you're going to say."

A smirk grows on your face at the horrible performance of confidence he's putting on for possibly his own sake. "If you already know the answer then why even bother to ask me?"

Atsumu pulls away, looking a bit confused but more poised than he did a moment ago. "I didn't ask you, Y/N," he begins as he lifts your chin to meet his eyes once more. "Starting today you're my fiancée."

"You're too full of yourself for your own good," you chuckle, eliciting a smile from his lips.

"I'm serious, Y/N. I'm absolutely crazy about you and I have to do something before it's too late," he explains more seriously than he typically acts.

You wrap your arms around him and pull him into a kiss. As you do, you can feel him reach into his pocket. When he pulls away from the kiss you recognize a small ring-sized jewelry case in his hand.

Atsumu slides off of the bench and gets down onto one of his knees. "Y/N, I really am crazy in love with you. I couldn't imagine my life without you anymore. Will you please marry me?"

A huge smile grows across your face, tears threatening to roll down your cheeks as you nod and give him your answer. "Yes, of course, 'Tsumu!"

At the sound of your answer, there's a small bit of clapping from the side of the garden. You look over and see Nori, Osamu, and Suna watching the two of you.

"You told them?" you sniffle, holding back the tears a bit longer as you turn back to Atsumu.

"Well someone had to convince you to come out here alone with me. What if you hadn't come at all?!" he asks worriedly.

"I get it," you chuckle as a few tears finally escape from your eyes and begin to slide down your cheeks. "But I think I could have done without Suna filming."

Atsumu's eyes widen as he realizes you're beginning to lightly cry. He sits back onto the bench and wraps his arms tightly around you.

"It's alright, Y/N, it's only so you never forget this moment... That and because I couldn't really convince him otherwise. I think he was hoping you'd say no," he whispers.

"You're so cheesy," you laugh weakly. "Of course I wouldn't say no. I love you, too, 'Tsumu."

Atsumu only smiles as he hugs you tighter, pulling you close against the warmth of his chest.