3

Loud footsteps were heard in a dimly lit corridor surrounded by prison cells on both sides.

Two men dragged a boy looking to be about 6 and chucked him into a cell and locked him in.

The boy got up and banged his fists on the cell door.

"Bring me back my sister or I swear to god I will burn this bloody place to the ground."

"I will kill you and everyone you've ever met. Do you hear me?! Do you?!"

A loud groan echoed through the cell. Daniel turned around to see a boy about his age sitting on the ground with his head resting on the back wall.

"Just let me die."

"And who might you be?"

The boy looked at him with a are-you-serious look.

"Really? Where are your manners. Is that the way you greet someone you've just met?"

"Uh...sorry about that." Daniel said nervously as he scratched the back of his neck. "I just wanted to see my sister so I was angry. Sorry to disturb you."

The boy's expression softened.

He outstretched his hand for Daniel to shake.

"Oliver Jones."

"Daniel Smith. Nice to meet you."

"All right Daniel. Since you're ganna be here for a while, why don't you go read that book over there." He pointed to a book with the title 'Physics 101' kept on the bunk bed.

Daniel picked it up and began reading it while sitting on the floor.

Oliver jumped on the top bunk and spoke, "Allright, I'm going to sleep. Don't try to kill me." Daniel chucked.

"Earth to Daniel. Hello anyone home?"

Daniel snapped himself out of his thoughts and looked at the team gathered inside the briefing room.

Melinda May, Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton looked at him with confused expressions while Teresa looked at him with sad eyes knowing exactly who he was thinking about.

"Right sorry about that." He then looked  at the map spread out on the table before them.

"So, this is S.A.T.O.R's base of operations. There is security on every level, this place is impregnable. Except for that fact that on the west wing of the roof there is less security.

"A blind-spot." Clint spoke stating the obvious.

"Exactly. So that's where we enter."

"And how exactly do you propose we do that?" May asked.

Daniel smirked at them. "We H.A.L.O. jump."

"Of course we do", Natasha mumbled but everyone heard her.