4

Faint club music entered Daniel's ears as he and Oliver approached the back door of the club. 

They were both wearing suits to blend in and not look conspicuous. They both reached for their guns, cocked them and placed them back in their holsters. 

"Alright, you remember what you have to do?", Daniel asked. 

"Sweep through the lower levels, take out any guards, rendezvous with you in the private suite, take-out Nikolai." 

"Good." 

"Remind me again why Dreykov's widows couldn't do this. I fucking hate night clubs."

Daniel rolled is eyes in annoyance,"They couldn't do this because Nikolai was putting a rather large kink in The Red Room and S.A.T.O.R's research. Also, he recently died so there's a power struggle going on there. They're not looking good."

"Yeah. I doubt they  would survive."

"Alright enough chit-chat." 

They entered the club and separated. Oliver went off to the main area of the club while Daniel slipped off to the upper levels. 

Once he reached the end of a staircase, a man interrupted him and went to pull out his weapon. Daniel instantly shot him in the head. 

The loud noise echoed through the narrow hallway which resulted in many guards enter the scene with their weapons drawn. 

He instantly shot two of them in the head and took cover behind a ridiculously large door frame. 

He continued shooting at them, before one guard slammed him through the door and into a small room

He quickly grabbed the man's neck and snapped it. Another guard walked in and tried to punch him. Daniel blocked her fist, kneed her in the gut and threw her into a wall with inhuman strength, rendering her unconscious. 

He engaged more guards in hand-to-hand combat and easily knocked them out. 

One man got the jump on him and stabbed him in the gut. Daniel groaned, pushed the man away, pulled the knife out of himself  and slashed him across the throat. 

He hastily killed the rest of the guards after hearing the commotion below with his enhanced hearing. The law enforcement would be on their way. 

He found Nikolai in bed with three prostitutes. 

"Ew!" Daniel exclaimed before shooting the man thrice in the head. 

The women were screaming. He turned around and shot the man once again for good measure. 

He reached downstairs in time to see Oliver kill three men with a pencil. 

Daniel raised a brow before walking over to him. "Nikolai is dead." 

They both heard sirens from outside. 

"Time to go." , Daniel turned towards the exit ready to leave. 

"Yeah, about that." 

Daniel turned towards Oliver with a confused expression. but before he had the time to react, he was shot in both shoulders. 

Oliver looked at Daniel's figure with a neutral expression before walking away. 

Daniel forced himself up and took a gun from one of the dead bodies. He wouldn't die from the wounds thanks to his enhanced healing but he would certainly be weak. 

He stood up straight as he prepared himself to fight. 

------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel could be seen inside a plane as he cocked his gun. 

He could feel someone's eyes on him and instantly knew it was Natasha. 

"If you keep checking me out love, I might have to presume you fancy me." He looked at her with a smirk. She scoffed but tried her hardest not to blush.

 "Oh don't flatter yourself, you're average at best." That's a lie and you know it Romanoff, she thought. 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Love." 

The lights in the plane flashed red and everyone began gearing up for the jump. 

Once they were suited up they gathered around the edge of the plane where the cargo door was open.

Daniel and Teresa looked at each other and smiled. After this mission, they would be free after 18 years of being S.A.T.O.R.'s pawns. 

Daniel was the first to jump followed by Natasha, Teresa, Melinda May and Clint Barton.