4

⚜⚜⚜⚜

Daniel's Chelsea boots tapped lightly against the cobbled driveway of Tony Stark's mansion. Loud music slipped through it's walls and reached his ears, while guests piled outside. It was  Tony's birthday. 

Now, Daniel wasn't necessarily thrilled to be here. He hated parties. But the alcohol would be great and it was his best friend's birthday. Correction, it was his only friend's birthday. As he swiftly opened the doors, he was met with the sharp scent of booze, chest thumping music and a lot of people, with sweat glistening on their skin as their bodies swayed to the beat of the music. Eyes scanning over the room, he spotted a crowd huddled together and cheering somebody. Upon a closer inspection, he noticed that it was Tony and Natasha, and Tony was showing her how to use his Iron Man gauntlet. His eyes twitched in annoyance at how close they were. Walking over to the counter he ordered a bourbon. He tapped his index finger on the table, his ring producing low noises as he awaited his drink. His chest rose and fell underneath his shirt in impatience. When he finally received his drink, he took one big sip out of it, as he felt a presence beside him.

"So how did a nice guy like you end up in a place like this?", spoke the presence, which he now recognized as Natasha. 

"A gal did me wrong.", he replied coolly. 

"You got lousy taste in women kid."

"She's not so bad. She has a temper. But deep down she's all fluff. Fact is she's not like anybody I've ever known.", he takes a pause and looks at Natasha with a small smile, one she reciprocates. "All my friends are fighters, and here comes this girl, going into a fight to save people, knowing she'll come out of it." Natasha's cheeks were tinted scarlet as she took a sip of her own drink to hide her ever-growing blush. "She's also a huge dork.", Daniel continued as she let out a low chuckle, both of their hearts beating out of their chests. "Guys dig that."

Both of them put down their drinks, as he looked at her dead in the eye. "So what do you think? Should I fight it? Or run with it?" 

"Run with it right? or did she....was she....what did she do that was so........ wrong to you?", she said, stuttering over her words, and internally cursing herself for it. When did she become so flustered? 

"Not a bloody thing. But never say never.", He said and then walked away, leaving Natasha to let out a heavy sigh and ask herself, Is that what it feels like to have a crush? 

Daniel spent the rest of the night drinking and dancing. It wasn't like he could get drunk anyways, due to his enhanced metabolism. 

One thing that caught his attention though was the warbling of Tony's Iron man suit. He turned around and saw Tony, fully suited up and struggling to keep his balance. Tony crashed into the drinks cabinet beside him, making Daniel wince. 

After getting back on his feet, he grabs the microphone and starts to speak, clearly drunk. "You know the question I get asked most often is Tony, How do you go to the bathroom in the suit? " He then made some weird faces before saying, "Just like that." Daniel scrunched his nose in disgust.  

Pepper walked up to him with the fakest laugh Daniel had ever seen, took the microphone from him, keeping one arm on his back, all the while Tony was dying from laughter. 

"Does this guy know how to throw a party or what?", she said. The crowd erupted into a cacophony of cheers, while Tony did a mock salute. Daniel had his arms crossed as he watched the entire interaction, ready to intervene if anything went sideways. 

"I love you.", Tony said into the microphone.

"Oh, unbelievable. Thank you Tony, Thank you so much. We all thank you so much for such a wonderful night.", It was clear with Pepper's tone that she wanted Tony to step down but he wasn't having it. 

"We're gonna say goodnight now. Thank you all so much for coming." The crowd exclaimed in disappointment as Daniel and Rhodey nodded their heads. 

"No no no no..we can't...we....we...wait....wait...we didn't...the....the......the cake, we didn't blow out the candles-", Tony went to protest but Pepper interrupted him. 

"You're out of control okay. Trust me on this one okay?", after that Daniel couldn't make out what they said but he saw Tony lean in to kiss her but she pushed him away. 

She took the alcohol away from him, handed him the microphone to send all the guests away. 

"Pepper Potts." He stumbled a bit but regained control. Daniel was ready for this night to be over. "She's right. The party's over. Then again, the party was over for me like an hour an a half ago." Tony said as he walked around the room. "THE AFTER PARTY STARTS IN FIFTEEN MINUTES!", he exclaimed and the crowd cheered with joy. Daniel looked at him utter disbelief. Now more alert than ever, as this situation could get out of hand really quickly. He didn't like this but also didn't want to stop Tony as he was dying, so his feelings were all over the place. 

A few more minutes later, Tony was blowing up melons while a girl held them up. That was until mechanical whirring, not unlike that of Tony's suit, followed by thundering footsteps was heard, Daniel whip his head toward the source. Rhodey stepped out in the Chrome Mark II suit, the helmet open. 

"I'm only gonna say this once", he begins. A beat passes. "Get out." The face plate comes down with a bang and every body rushes out in a cacophony of screams and footsteps. Pepper was already at her breaking point with the men and looked like she was going into another Tony-induced panic. 

"Oh bloody hell." Daniel cursed under his breath, dreading the fight about to come, knowing he will have to intervene. 

-------

A/N: Okay so right off the bat, I would like to apologize that I wasn't active for a long time. I had my 10th board exams which are a really big deal in India, so I suffered from a massive lack of brain cells. But I'm here now and I will update more frequently. "I just had to catch my breath"

Also did you guys watch NWH. My mind is utterly blown away. Like what a movie. Tell me what you guys thought of it. 

Also I'm writing a TVD book as well, so If you guys want to read that you can go on my profile and check it out. The Prologue isn't up yet but will be soon. 

Don't forget to vote and comment. It will very much be appreciated.