thirty-nine

thirty-nine

_____ 🌿 _____

HE’S THREE DRINKS IN AND JUNGKOOK DOESN’T THINK HE’S EVER SEEN JIMIN TALK THIS MUCH. Like promised, Jimin tells him everything. No holding back; from his ridiculously terrifying nightmare that led him to an even more terrifying escapade through the woods, to learning that his mystery man from his dreams was in fact real. Or about as real as he could get. He doesn’t cushion the blow or lead up to telling Jungkook that Yoongi is a vampire, he straight up tells him — no point in trying to hide it. Better for him to learn now than to find out later, and risk his Alpha going feral on his boyfriend. Jimin explained Yoongi’s significance to him, and why he had agreed to stay with him for that month up in Eden. “I needed answers,” Jimin babbled. “-but it was more than that, I know better now, I needed him too. I know how crazy I sound, but it’s the best I can do. I don’t know how to describe it others, Kook,”

He does his best to explain how he wasn’t insane on the whole reincarnation theory — he was right, the only problem was that he couldn’t remember anything about his past, other than what he had dreamt about or what had come back to him during his stay at Eden. He does a horrible job trying to talk about the intricacies of his feelings. Even he doesn’t know how he’s feeling still (or maybe he does, and he’s editing to ease Jungkook’s stress and confusion). It’s a lot for Jungkook to wrap his head around — harder than it was for him to comprehend the idea that he could turn into a giant wolf, or that Jimin could make nature bend to his will.

When Jimin finally shuts up he’s silent. A little too silent for Jimin’s liking; it made him uncomfortable.

“You think I’m insane don’t you?”

“No! No, no; insane is a really strong word Hyung,” Jungkook grimaced, swallowing the lump in his throat. He doesn’t really know what to say, and staring at Jimin with no words seemed rude, so Jungkook snatched his drink off the table and downed it in one go. Without a second thought, he reached across the table, and finished off Jimin’s drink. He then poured himself another glass, and down that in one go too. Finally, he sighed, and muttered out the only response he could think of, in a gruff voice that sent shivers down Jimin’s spine.

“What the fuck Hyung,”

Jimin whined, letting his head hit the desk in frustration and agreement.

“I know, I know!” Jimin exclaimed, well aware of how utterly ridiculous he sounded. “It’s insane,” he repeated and for that, Jungkook could not disagree.

“I mean, yeah, but given everything else that’s been going on in our lives, this shouldn’t be as much of a shock,” Jungkook sighed, running a hand through his hair. Jungkook was right, you’d think they’d be used to it by now. The younger could only imagine how Jin would react when he found out. He shuddered at the thought.

“So, if I’m getting this correctly, you are a reincarnated version of yourself from the 1600s and you just spent the last month living with your vampire boyfriend, who — in the meantime — has been mourning your tragic demise for the last oh…five hundred years give or take?”

Jimin almost grimaced when the word boyfriend came out of his mouth. It sounded wrong. Yoongi was his husband, not his boyfriend.

“Yes,” Jimin replied.

“And now…” Jungkook seemed to be struggling with his words. “-now you’re falling in love with him?”

Slowly was not the word Jimin would have used. No, he was falling. Falling had been inevitable, like in his dream and like with everything else that had led up until this point.