fifty-three

fifty-three

_____ 🌿 _____

JIMIN LASTED A WHOLE WEEK BEFORE GOING TO SEE AURORA ABOUT HIS MEMORIES. He didn't let Yoongi know what he was up to, mostly because he didn't know himself if he was going to go through with it or not. But with Yoongi and Hoseok in the city for the day, boredom easily set in. He still couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing from his memory; something important and so at a quarter to one, he trekked across the front lawn and down the small path to The Shire and knocked on the door. He was greeted by Namjoon, who seemed pleasantly surprised to see him there.

"Jimin! To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Is Aurora home? I'd like to ask her something,"

"Yes, of course, come in,"

Inside smelled strongly of paprika and peaches. Jimin silently followed him into the kitchen where Aurora was cooking up something, while a content Taehyung watched. His head immediately snapped up as he entered the room. He smiled widely at him. The hickeys on his neck had begun to fade entirely.

"Jimin!"

"Hi Taehyung,"

"Jiminie!"

Aurora set her wooden spoon down and bounded over to him, wrapping him up in a tight hug

"It's so good to see you! I was just talking about you, what brings you to our humble abode?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something," Jimin admitted. Aurora's eyes twinkled as her eyebrows raised in surprise and curiosity. From behind, Taehyung made a face. He seemed just as curious, as did Namjoon who lent against the frame of the entryway.

"Oh? What about?" she asked.

"It's about my memories," Jimin stated.

"Oh?"

"I was wondering if maybe...there was a spell or something that could help me remember,"

"What do you mean?" Namjoon interjected.

"I feel like something important is missing. Like I'm meant to remember, but I just can't. I could also just be overthinking but then again..." he let out a gentle sigh. "Jin brought up the idea that maybe you might know a spell or something that could pull them from my subconscious,"

Aurora thought for a moment, a dazed expression glossing over her face; then she nodded, and smiled at him. "I might have a few things we could try — they're older methods — but they might take a while to show any results, or they might night work at all,"

"I'm open to trying. If it doesn't work, then I guess I'm overthinking things,"

"Okay. Wait here, I need to find my book,"

"So what made you want to look into your memories?" Aurora questioned as she stirred the contents of her cauldron. It was propped up on a stand over a small blue flamer that occasionally flickered to pink, purple and then back again. She glanced at the rather large book in front of her.

It was just the two of them now. He hadn't heard Taehyung or Namjoon leave the room; they were simply there one minute and gone the next.

"It's like I told you," he mumbled, watching the colourful fire dance. "It feels like something is missing," Jimin explained. "— but this missing thing feels important. More important than everything else I've remembered,"