forty-seven

forty-seven

_____ 🌿 _____

"Hey this is Jimin! Sorry I can't answer your call right now. Leave a message after the beep and I will try to return your call as soon as possible!"

"HI JIMIN! I'm hosting a little get together this weekend to celebrate the beginning of summer and of course you're invited. You're not allowed to say no by the way, you have to come, pinky promise me! I miss you! OH, and you HAVE to bring your friends, that's also non-negotiable; you can't just tell me things about them and then not let me meet them. Unacceptable Chim. I'll see you this weekend! BYE!"

_____ 🌿 _____

"ARE YOU SURE YOONGI'S OKAY WITH THIS?" Jin questioned as he drove up the dirt road, heading deeper and deeper into the woods. He'd never been this far up the mountain before — at least, not on any road that wasn't a designated trail. He'd gone hiking, yes, but this? This was new. He wasn't even sure his car would make it up the mountain, let alone get back down. He was too nervous to admire the pretty, cottage-esque homes that were hidden amongst the trees; god what he would have given to have a home like that one day. "I wouldn't want to impose,"

Jimin resisted the urge to roll his eyes at his friend.

"You're not imposing, Hyung, Yoongi knows you're coming," Jimin replied, placing a hand on his thigh comfortingly. He could sense Jin's unease as they continued down the road. Even if he and Yoongi were getting along, he still felt a little nervous around the man for obvious reasons.

"Have you spoken to him about it?" Jungkook piped up from the backseat. Jimin could see his face in the rearview mirror. He looked more composed than Jin, but Jimin could see the nervousness in his eyes.

"No, I have not spoken to him about it, but I highly doubt that Aurora neglected to mention that she'd invited the two of you. And knowing Taehyung, he probably hasn't shut up about it. Besides, she's the one hosting, so I'm going to assume that we're going to be in her house, so it's not like it would matter in the end anyways," Jimin rambled. "Yoongi likes you guys, you know that right? He's not going to pit a fit or anything about you being there,"

"He's probably just being nice because he's around your place all the time now, and doesn't want to upset Jungkook; it is kind of his territory too y'know," Jin mumbled, still freaked out by the whole idea still. Jin wanted to be there, but did he really want to be surrounded by vampires? He had a hard enough time being around Taehyung and Yoongi separately as it is.

Jimin could see where he was coming from, but shook his head.

"I understand that you're nervous Jin, but I promise, nobody is going to be upset that you're there. Not Yoongi, or Tae, or Professor Kim and his wife, and certainly not Hoseok," Jimin stated. Jin flushed, keeping his eyes trained on the road.

Right. Hoseok. He'd forgotten about that. Again.

"Relax Hyung, this is gonna be fun. You have nothing to worry about,"

"JIMIN!"

The younger had only exited the car for a matter of seconds before the shorter woman was sprinting across the front path towards him. Her long, black hair whipped around in the warm, summer's breeze. There was something childish about the way she acted — her warm smile, and high pitched laugh that resonated through the air. She made him feel calm. Jimin hadn't seen her come outside, but suddenly she was there, hugging him tightly in her arms (and startling Jin with her presence in the process). As he wrapped her up in a hug, he could see the rest of them emerging from the house quietly, like ghosts. The four of them looked unreal as they huddled together on the front steps, each godlike in their own way.