sixty-four

sixty-four

_____ 🌿 _____

the following are a series of journal entries from the diary of park jimin

Monday

—Dk has been in my dreams every night since I walked out into the woods.

In my dreams, I am in a state of sleep paralysis, while Yoongi lays asleep next to me, unaware of what is happening. I can't move a muscle — only my eyes, yet everything around me is dark except for one little corner. Dk is sitting in that corner. I can never see his face — just his hands floating in the air — but I can hear him.

All we ever do is talk.

He's angry with me; angry at Yoongi.

"How can you love him?" Asks his disembodied voice.

"How could I not?" I shoot back, almost defensively. "He's all I could ever want," which is obviously not the answer he was looking for.

"I'm worth more than him; he's using you,"

"Using me?"

"Can't you see he just wants you for your blood? Vampires are selfish creatures; they don't care about humans or anyone for that matter. You're a good source and he'll do anything to feed off you. And once he has what he wants, he'll cast you aside and find some other stupid human to manipulate. He's incapable of love — of loving you,"

"You're jealous,"

"I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous of that thing?"

He's jealous. I can hear it in his voice.

Tuesday

—Dk told me he loved me in my dream tonight. He sounded frustrated.

"I've always loved you, why can't you see that? He could never love you the way I do, I could make you so happy, why can't you see that!"

He keeps repeating that phrase: "why can't you see that?" As if it'll make me see otherwise.

"He makes me happy,"

"But he can't love you," which is an obvious lie — Yoongi was far more capable of love than he was.

And then he kissed me, and there wasn't much that I could do — I'm still paralyzed to the bed. His lips were urgent and aggressive, his hands cold as they cupped the sides of my face.

I could still feel his hand and his lips on mine when I awoke. I sat up with a start, gasping for air. I searched for Yoongi, who was already wide awake beside me, ready to cradle me into his arms as if he knew. I clung to him as I sobbed myself to sleep.

Wednesday

—I didn't know I was dreaming until it was too late.

I still couldn't move, my ever constant state of paralysis keeping me from being able to move, but I'm on the balcony this time, overlooking the gardens and the forest. Smooth hands danced across my skin, accompanied by featherlight kisses. I sighed contently. His cold was welcoming.