sixty-eight

sixty-eight

_____ 🌿 _____

JIMIN WAS SINKING; a numb feeling washed over him as he sunk beneath the lake's surface. A feeling of peace came upon him as the darkness of her waters welcomed him home like a friend. He wanted to swim to the surface, but everything felt heavy. His arms, his legs, his mind. If he closed his eyes, he could sleep. It was so tempting to fall asleep...inviting almost.

"That's it Darling, close your eyes — yes, let sleep consume you," the voice whispered. "Sleep and we can be together forever, like we were meant to be,"

Cold, Jimin thought. It's cold like Yoongi. Yoongi was cold.

"Oh god, baby wake up, no, no no, no, Jimin!"

He smiled into the water. Yoongi was here with him in the cold. He could hear him.

"God no, baby, stay with me,"

He came for him after all, just like he knew he would.

"Shh," he whispered. Jimin could almost feel his lips brushing against the shell of his ear. "I'm here my Darling. Rest now and we can sleep forever,"

"Please Jimin, oh god,"

Something wrapped around his middle, tightly, and then he was ascending towards the heavens.

I'm sorry Yoongi, he cried internally. I wanted to fight, I swear to you, I did.

"Darling...what are you doing? No! Come back!"

Yoongi, I love you. I will always love you; in this life and the next, I will always love you.

He felt lighter as he was lifted towards the light. Please don't be mad at me.

"NO! LEAVE HIM! WHAT ARE YOU — NO! GIVE HIM BACK HE'S MINE!"

Jimin's head breached the surface of the water with a gasp. Coughing water up from his lungs, Jimin forced his eyes open. His vision was blurry, but he was somewhere in the middle of the lake, breathing heavily. Each breath of air was painful as the air slipped past his lips. He felt like he was having a panic attack. His breath wheezed.

"JIMIN!"

It was not Yoongi's voice calling out to him, but rather someone feminine.

He struggled to stay afloat — he'd never been a strong swimmer. He awkwardly swam around in circles, searching for the voice.

"Jimin! Over here!"

He saw her on the banks of the lake, dressed ironically in a white nightgown, like some sort of ghost from his past.

"Jimin!"

"Aurora!" He spluttered.

In calling out to her, he lost his focus and slipped beneath the surface. Water trickled down his throat and began to fill his lungs once more. He gasped again as he tilted his head up for air.

"Jimin hold on!"

Aurora placed her hands on the ground; a light, green spark emitted from her fingertips and vines and branches sprung from the earth and dove into the waters. A sense of relief washed over him. Aurora was here — she'd bring him home to Yoongi.

But Dk had emerged from the shadows just then and was reaching for her.

"Aurora, look out!" He tried to shout, but water rushed in the moment he opened his mouth. She let out a cry of surprise as he tried to drag her away from the shore. Jimin couldn't quite make out what was in his hand, but it flashed in the moonlight like a star. "NO!"