fifty-one | smut

fifty-one

_____ 🌿 _____

"What was it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

They were deep into the woods now. Jungkook turned to look at him, quickly shifting back to his human form. He was panting lightly. Taehyung is trying to read his face — he seemed off this morning — and he can't quite decipher if the red in his cheeks is from running or if he's embarrassed; and if it was the latter, what could he possibly be embarrassed about?

"I'm going into rut soon," he stated, not bothering to cushion the blow. There really was no way to ease into it, how the fuck were you supposed to tell your boyfriend you had werewolf urges to breed?

Well when you put it that way...

"I figured you deserved a head's up, seeing as we're together now. I tend to get a bit out of whack when this happens — possessive, a bit more sexual — didn't want you to something was wrong with me o-or with us when it happens,"

Taehyung seemed to blank.

"A rut?" he murmured, quirking a brow. He wasn't as familiar with werewolf dynamics like Aurora or Namjoon. He supposed he had a lot to learn from Jungkook.

"Y'know, a rut," he repeated, gesturing vaguely. His cheeks turned a darker shade of pink. He did not want to have to explain a rut to Taehyung, he was already embarrassed enough as it is.

I don't know why, it's a natural occurrence for our kind, there's nothing to be ashamed about

Yes, thank you for your kind words of wisdom

You're welcome

Ugh, you're insufferable

"Don't you mean a heat?"

Jungkook blushed.

"N-No, not a heat Tae. If I was an omega, then yeah, I'd have a heat cycle, but I'm not an omega, I'm an Alpha. Alpha's go into rut. Same principle though..." he mumbled quietly.

"What's the difference then?" he questioned, moving to perch himself on a fallen log.

"W-Well omegas usually become submissive — m-more so than usual — and typically have a desire to be bred, while Alphas become much more dominant, possessive and a bit more aggressive with a desire to...knot. A-And breed,"

Jungkook can't believe he said that with a straight face. He could see Taehyung's expression change, eyes widening as the vulgarness of his statement.

Taehyung was silent for a moment, causing Jungkook to wonder if he'd freaked him out. And then he spoke.

"Okay," he said, finally. Then he asked: "when?"

It was Jungkook's turn to blank. He wasn't expecting him to react so calmly. Maybe it was a vampire thing.

"Um soon? In a day or two? It's not so bad right now — running helps a bit — but I suppose by tomorrow I'm going to be a lot more restless, possibly a bit more...handsy? I can control it now, but it's getting very hard for me to not want to put my hands on you. You smell really good, y'know that?" he breathed.

"So do you," Taehyung mused. Cherries and Sugar, just like that day in the library. Jungkook's absence from school suddenly made a lot more sense as Taehyung pushed himself up from his resting place, and wandered over to where Jungkook was standing. He slipped an arm around his waist, a searing heat coursing through his body. Jungkook was burning, but it was inviting. Taehyung craved it.