2

~Eden's POV~

I giggled softly as Silas and I played Mario Kart together, which I was currently beating his ass at, though probably because I'd had much more time to practice while he was away at college. Many of my nights had been spent playing it by myself because we used to play it all the time together and he used to beat me almost every time. I figured if I could take advantage of him being gone, maybe I could get good enough to actually beat him when he came home.

And thankfully for me, that proved to be the case. I didn't get first place, unfortunately, but I got second place whereas Si only got fifth place. "Damn it!" Silas cursed, scowling when I raced across the finish line. I laughed, throwing my arms up in the air in celebration. "I won!" I exclaimed, grinning smugly at him. Silas just scowled at me, clearly still as competitive as ever judging by how irked he seemed at the fact that he lost. "You won once." He huffed. "Come on, let's go again. That was just beginner's luck." He said, the obvious attempt at making excuses for being beat making me snort in amusement. He really didn't like losing, especially because he was used to beating me in Mario Kart.

"Okay." I snickered, starting up another game. We began to race and I leaned my elbows onto my knees, narrowing my eyes at the screen as I bit down on the inside of my cheek in concentration. I continued down the track just behind him, sending out a red shell that hit him just before the finish line, giving me the win over him yet again.

"Fuck!" Silas exclaimed as he crossed the line in fifth place again, this time while I was in first. A laugh left my lips and I looked over at him, grinning like an idiot. "What was that about beginner's luck, Si?" I taunted, sticking my tongue out at him. He huffed and tossed the controller onto the couch, all pouty like. "Fine, fine. You win." He grumbled, sending me a narrow eyed glare that just made me laugh. Even though he was being a sore loser, I had missed this.

"Don't be such a sore loser." I said, nudging him in the side. "After all, you have the most total wins between us."

**

The next morning I left my bedroom after I had showered and gotten dressed in a red and white checkered dress that had a little slit section across the lower back of it. I sleepily rubbed at my eyes, a strand of my still damp black hair falling into my face as I walked down the hallway towards the kitchen.

I entered the kitchen and found that Silas was already awake, which was surprising because he usually woke up far later than I did. Maybe he'd fixed his sleep schedule up a little bit better since the last time I'd seen him. "You're up early." I stated, pushing my hair out of my face and tucking it behind my ear. He looked up, sipping on a cup of coffee. "Mhm. Jagger said he wants to go out for lunch at Vida's. I guess he hasn't been in about a year." He explained, causing me to frown and furrow my brows.

"You're going out?" I asked, a little bit upset, but I didn't want to seem like I was upset so I attempted to hide it. However, Silas was probably closer to me than anyone, so he could read me like a book. "Yeah." He said, eyeing me closely. The edges of his lips twitched up into a smile and he raised a brow, setting the cup of coffee on the island counter. "Did you want to come along? I doubt Jagger would mind." He offered, which just made me hesitate. Though I knew he was probably right because Jagger had never been mean to me before, in fact he'd always been rather cordial to me, I didn't want to intrude. "U-Um, I don't know if I should. I don't want to bother you guys or anything." I trailed, deciding to pour myself a cup of coffee as well.

Silas raised a brow at me and frowned. "It's not a bother, E." He chuckled and shook his head, watching me as I poured a little bit of creamer into my coffee and mixed it before I took a sip. "You're plenty welcome to tag along." He assured, leaning his hip against the island.

After a minute or so of hesitation, I eventually gave a light nod of my head, sipping at my coffee. "Okay." I said softly. "I haven't been to Vida's in a while either, anyway." I added, wandering out of the kitchen. It was only about ten AM, so I had a little while before we were supposed to leave. I headed back into my room and sat on my bed, turning on the TV to let Spongebob play while I drank my coffee and ate the piece of toast that I had stolen from Silas' plate before I had left the kitchen.

When it began to near time for us to go, I did the normal makeup that I always did and then grabbed my white converse, slipping them onto my sock covered feet. "You ready?" Silas asked, poking his head around the edge of my door to look at me. I nodded my head and brushed my fingers through my hair, which had thankfully dried by now and fell down to below my waist in waves. "Yep!" I chirped, strolling out of my bedroom. Si led me out of our apartment and out to the parking lot, where we climbed into his car and he began to go to Vida's.

We arrived rather quickly and headed into the restaurant, where I followed behind Silas' tall frame as he headed through like he knew where to go. I assumed that Jagger had perhaps told him already.

Si stopped beside a table and I just waited patiently behind him. "There you are. Took you long enough, dude." I heard Jagger's husky voice say to Silas, and Si snorted. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." He chuckled, waving his hand at Jagger in a dismissive manner. "Did you already find a table?" He asked Jagger a moment later, leading me to the assumption that none of the tables around us were ours. Maybe Si had just seen Jagger from across the room, which wasn't far fetched. Jagger was a large man, so he was pretty noticeable.

"Mm, this way." Jagger responded to Silas and began to walk away, still not having noticed me behind my brother because I was so much shorter. I trailed after them, able to easily hear their conversation. "Wanna go out to a club tonight? I haven't been in months and I need to get laid." Jagger asked Si, the blunt nature of the question surprising me a little bit. "So do you, probably." He added as an afterthought, which just made me cringe in disgust. I did not want to hear about my brother and sex in the same conversation.

"Dude," Silas grumbled and punched Jagger in the back. He just chuckled and stopped at a table, where I heard him plop into a chair. "What? I'm just saying. If you don't want to go, that's fine, but I'm not about to pretend like I'd be going for anything other than s—" He simply began to respond, cutting himself off when Silas sat down as well, exposing that I had been standing behind him. I awkwardly stood there, looking around as Silas kicked Jagger in the ankle in a reprimanding manner. "Uh.." Jagger said, looking at me as I stood beside Silas' seat he was in. "I didn't know you were there." He told me.

There was a brief silence and I fiddled with the skirt of my dress, biting on my lip. "Yeah." Silas sighed. "Well, I think it's safe to say I'm gonna pass on clubbing tonight."