35

~Eden's POV~

A yawn left my lips as I walked up towards the front door a couple days later, feeling slightly tired from my shift at Crumbl Cookies. Benjamin had been asking me to stay after work a little bit longer than I was used to, so I got home later than usual.

Right as I was about to put my key into the lock, I felt a large hand clasp around my elbow and roughly tug me down the long hallway of the floor my apartment was on. I opened my mouth to scream, as panic had taken over my instincts, and a hand closed over my mouth as I was tugged around the corner into a new hallway. "Calm down, birdie. It's just me." Jagger told me softly, his familiar voice causing me to sag against the wall in relief and glance up at him. He pulled his hand away from my mouth when he saw that I had calmed down, his large hands grasping at my hips.

"You fucking scared me, Jag." I huffed, placing my hands on his firm chest. I narrowed my eyes up at him and cocked my head to the side. "What are you doing here, anyways?" I asked, confused. As far as I knew, he hadn't texted or called me about coming over, and especially not today. Silas was already home, too.

"Si wanted to play video games, but I realized you'd be home soon so I decided to wait for you first. I want a kiss, little bird." He hummed, pressing his large frame closer to mine. I glanced nervously around us, making sure that nobody was around to see the two of us, and then flicked my gaze back up to him once again. "And you had to scare me half to death to ask for that?" I pouted, pushing up on my toes as I slid my hands up and traced my fingertips through his soft hair.

His lips twitched up in amusement, tugging my body right up against his. I raised a brow at him as our mouths brushed gently when he bent down slightly, yet never sealed his lips over mine. "Well?" I hummed softly. "Kiss me, if you want it so badly." I told him in a whisper, causing him to narrow his gray eyes down at me. A soft laugh escaped my lips as he roughly gripped at my ass, pressing me into the wall when he covered my mouth with his, drowning out my laughter. I kissed him back eagerly, his ring clad fingers tangling into the ends of my dark hair. He kissed me for a long time, until I had to pull away to breathe, and felt my lips tingling from the fact that they'd grown slightly swollen.

"W-We should go inside now, Jagger." I breathed, peering up at him through my lashes. He hummed, gently stroking his fingertips down my thighs, which were covered by sheer black tights with hearts on them. "You're probably right, we should, before I'm tempted to fuck you against the wall here." He mumbled in reluctant agreement, stepping away from me. I gestured for him to go first, to which he pouted slightly but did so anyways, leaving me leaning against the wall in the hall.

I heaved out a breath and pulled down my pale yellow shorts so they weren't hiked up too high, fixing my shirt as well before I quickly followed after him. Jagger was still standing outside of the apartment door, just staring in the direction of the hallway that we'd been in as I rounded the corner. An amused smile threatened to break out on my lips and I gently bumped him out of the way so I could unlock the front door, feeling his gaze trained on the side of my face as I did so. "Stop staring." I whispered to him as I pushed open the front door, causing him to quietly clear his throat and look away quickly before he followed in behind me.

Silas cheered in excitement the second Jagger came walking into the apartment behind me, holding a controller to his PlayStation 5 in one hand. "Took you long enough!" He complained to Jagger, standing up from the couch.

Jagger walked into the living room and I locked the front door again, slipping my keys into my pocket once I finished. I glanced over at the two of them as Jag plopped his large frame on the couch beside my brother, snatching up the other controller. He shifted on the couch and caught my eye as I walked behind the two of them, heading towards the hallway so I could go to my room. When Silas wasn't looking, he gave me a playful wink and I smiled to myself, shaking my head gently as I continued down the hall.

I entered my room and kicked off my converse, leaving them by my bedroom door before I went and flopped onto my bed with a sigh of content. Although I hadn't meant to, I soon found myself drifting in and out of conscious and before I knew it I had fallen into a deep sleep.

**

It was late at night when I woke up and I blinked drowsily as I realized this, knowing then that I had possibly fucked up my sleep schedule. A groan of annoyance towards myself left my lips and I sat up in bed, pushing my hair out of my face.

I slid out of bed and stretched my limbs, the tightness of my clothes making me wonder how I had managed to fall asleep with them on. Wanting to get out of them, I peeled all of my clothes off and then set them in the basket of dirty clothes before I grabbed a pair of comfy pajamas from my dresser drawer and pulled them on. With a glance at the time on my phone, I saw that it was almost twelve AM, so I'd slept for about five hours or so.

"God, I'm an idiot." I grumbled to myself, tiptoeing my way out of my bedroom as my stomach grumbled hungrily. I hadn't had anything to eat since my lunch break, which was almost twelve hours ago now. Naturally, I was craving for some food in my belly.

However I knew that Silas was probably asleep in bed by now, so I made sure to be as quiet as possible when I wandered down the hall towards the kitchen. The lights were all off, making it hard to see, but luckily I managed to get there without bumping into anything. I pulled open the fridge door and the light inside flooded me with a pale blue glow, making it slightly easier to see in the kitchen. For a moment I scanned my eyes over the contents within the fridge, trying to decide on what I wanted to eat, but my attention was quickly stolen away from the thought of food when I felt a hand brush my waist.

A frightened yelp left my lips and I jerked away from the touch, smushing myself against the fridge as I quickly spun around.

Jagger stood there, his face looking sleepy yet still slightly amused, a tiny smile forming on his lips. "Oh, my god." I growled at him in annoyance, a hand on my racing heart. "You've done this twice today, Jag." I hissed softly, keeping my voice down.

"Sorry, birdie." He muttered, voice still husky from sleep. "You hungry?" He asked, to which I nodded and bit gently on my bottom lip. He pointed to something behind me in the fridge. "Silas ordered you a pizza when we got some earlier." He told me, making me turn to see that he was pointing at a few bags that my pizza had been put into since I'd been asleep. I snatched one of the bags and shut the fridge, encasing the two of us in darkness again. He flicked on one of the lights a moment later, a little smile growing on his lips when he saw I was already eating one of the slices of pizza.

"What are you still doing here, by the way?" I asked softly after chewing my food, cocking my head to the side slightly. I'd expected him to be back at home by now, what with how late it was. Jagger just shrugged his broad shoulders and leaned against the counter. "I didn't feel like driving back home, so I just fell asleep on the couch." He explained simply.

I smiled to myself and we wandered back into the living room with one another, where we curled up on the couch with one another and watched TV on low volume. It was a simple thing, and I treasured each little second that ticked by.