39

~Eden's POV~

I didn't see Jagger again until a couple of days later, his familiar car parked in the lot of Crumbl Cookies when I got off of my shift. My eyes then found his tall frame as I walked towards the car, a small smile growing on my lips when I met his gaze.

He was leaning against the back of his car, large hands stuck in the pockets of his pants while he was waiting for me. "Hi." I greeted him with a wave, my chest warming when his gray eyes trailed down the length of my figure. Today I'd worn a white halter top with a cropped yellow cardigan over it, the long sleeves covering my arms, and a pair of yellow and pink swirly patterned pants that fit me snugly. Of course I wore my converse, too, like I always did.

"There you are." Jagger hummed when I stopped in front of him, pushing up on my toes as I slid my arms around his waist. He pulled his hands from his pockets and grabbed my hips, pulling me against him. "You ready to go home?" He asked me in a murmur, peering down at me when I propped my chin against his firm chest. I nodded my head, giving him a brief, gentle peck on the lips before the two of us got into his car together.

Buckling my seatbelt, I glanced over at Jagger as he began to pull out of the parking lot and drive down the road back to my brother and I's apartment. He tightened his grip around the steering wheel and I watched as his lips twitched up into a sly smirk when he felt my gaze on the side of his face. Funnily enough, though, he didn't say anything about it. I smiled softly to myself and looked out the window, enjoying the ride back to the apartment.

When we arrived, Jagger came up to the apartment with me instead of leaving, which wasn't very unusual at this point. A lot of the time he'd stay here with me until Silas got back from work, just so I wouldn't have to be left at home by myself.

I stuck the key into the lock and giggled softly as I felt Jagger playfully smack at my butt from behind me, finding a smirk on his lips when I glanced up at him over my shoulder. The door swung open quietly when I managed to get it unlocked, his strong arms wrapping around my waist as we entered the apartment together. The smile on my lips was stupidly large and I bit my bottom lip in attempt to stifle it, laughing quietly when I felt him bury his head into the crook of my neck, kissing at the skin there.

Using his foot, Jag kicked the door shut gently and I spun around in his arms, my hands on his chest as I pushed him back against the door. He smirked, a playful glint within his gray eyes. "You miss me, little bird?" He purred teasingly, grasping at my hips with his large hands. I grinned, grabbing him by the back of his neck to pull him down to me. "What gave it away?" I asked softly, playfully, before he chuckled and finally pressed his lips against mine. My eyes fluttered shut immediately and I moaned quietly against his mouth, leaning my body further into his. His hands slid from my hips to my butt, squeezing handfuls within his palms as he kissed me back.

Neither of us were paying any attention to anything but one another, his hands tangling into the loose strands of my hair while I tightly gripped at the back of his shirt, and perhaps that was why we both failed to hear the footsteps coming down the hall behind us.

"What the fuck?" I heard the familiar voice of my brother curse, causing both Jagger and I to freeze. I ripped my body away from Jag and spun around to face Silas, who looked both outraged and incredibly stunned by what he'd just seen, whereas the two of us were stunned to see him here. "S-Silas." I stammered nervously, feeling my heart sink into my stomach as I stared at my brother with wide eyes. "What are you doing home?" I asked, as he was supposed to have been at work still. That was the only reason that Jagger had picked me up today.

Silas glared at me. "I got off early from my shift." He answered flatly, diverting his gaze to Jagger, who placed a hand gently on my hip and stared right back. That seemed to just piss Si off even more because he marched over, ripping me away from Jagger the second that he was close enough to grab me by my elbow. Surprised at the aggressive way that he had pulled me, I stumbled over my feet slightly and clutched tightly to my brother's arm.

"Tell me I didn't just see you kissing my little sister." Silas said to Jagger, almost as if he truly wanted him to say that. It sounded like a challenge, and not a good one.

However, Jagger just stared at him and flicked his eyes down to where Silas still held my elbow in a tight grip. "I was kissing her." Jag said instead, his gray eyes meeting my brother's brown ones. "And I'm not going to tell you otherwise when you already saw us, Silas." He added simply. I gaped at him, stunned by how blunt and upfront he was being with him.

For a moment, neither one of them spoke. They just stared at each other, and the grip on my arm tightened as the seconds ticked on by, so I could tell Silas was only growing more angry. "I told you that she's off limits, Jagger." My brother spat, and I blinked, tilting my head back to look at him in surprise. The fact that Si was protective was obviously no secret to me by now, but I hadn't known that he had even tried to frighten Jagger away, and before we'd even met, at that. I didn't know what to think.

"I know, but I can't take any of it back now." Jag sighed, frustration lacing his voice. Silas stared at him for a moment and then glanced down at me, back and forth between the two of us until he paused and released my elbow suddenly. "How long?" He asked, eerily calm. I took a step away and nervously fiddled with my fingers, taking a peek up at Jagger. "Probably close to four months or so now." I answered in a whisper, guilt creeping up my spine and settling into my bones.

Then, Silas leaped at Jag, and I screamed in alarm at the hard punch that he landed on his face. "S-Silas!" I exclaimed, anxious and unsure of what to do as he punched him again. He didn't look like he was about to stop anytime soon and he was ignoring me completely, as if I wasn't even here.

Before I knew what I was doing, I gripped the back of my brother's shirt in my fists and tugged as hard as I could, which he clearly hadn't expected me to do because he stumbled back in surprise.

As quickly as possible I ducked under his arm and stood between the two of them, knowing that Silas wouldn't hit me. My back brushed Jagger's front as he leaned a shoulder back against the front door, wiping the blood that dripped from his nose. Si reached out to grab me, likely to pull me out of the way so he could continue punching his best friend, but I smacked his hand away the second he got close. "Stop!" I exclaimed, frustrated. "You're acting stupid!" I told him angrily, causing his brows to shoot up in disbelief. However, I wasn't done yet.

"You can't blame him when he's not the only one that was in the relationship. I lied to you too, you know." I snapped. I glanced over my shoulder at Jagger and sighed when I saw his nose was still bleeding. "He wasn't even the one who started this. I made the first move and he turned me down, but.." I trailed off and glanced back over at my brother, frowning. "Eventually we just..agreed not to say anything to you about it." I admitted.

Silas stared at me for a moment, not saying anything, and then looked at Jagger again. "Get out." He told him, a command that wasn't up for negotiation.

And after a minute, Jagger reluctantly left the apartment.