36

~Eden's POV~

"I'll be home a little bit late tonight, E." Silas called to me the next morning, rummaging around in the kitchen while I lounged on the couch. I sat on one end and the other end was void of Jagger's presence, as he was currently taking a shower.

"Okay!" I responded, glancing over the back of the couch when I heard my brother enter the living room again. He leaned over, placing a hand on the back of the couch to support himself, and gave me a noogie atop my head with his fist. I scowled up at him and smacked his hand away, huffing to myself as I tried to smooth my hair back down. Si just chuckled and grabbed the car keys, waving a hand at me as he headed towards the front door. "Love you." He said, and I huffed before I grumpily returned the sentiment.

Once he was gone and the front door was locked again, I leaned into the couch and flicked my attention back to the TV, which was playing a movie on silent. I sort of paid attention to the movie until I heard Jagger enter the living room after a few minutes passed, his heavy footsteps catching my attention. Turning to look over my shoulder, I met Jag's gaze as he stood behind the couch, his eyes already on me the entire time.

I gave him a smile and my heart fluttered when he ruffled his damp, messy hair, only messing it up further. He was so handsome that I could never get used to it, and that dangly little piercing somehow just made my insides churn with arousal. It was probably strange how attractive I found him with that simple piercing in his ear.

"Are you heading home now?" I asked him, cocking my head to the side slightly. He hopped over the back of the couch and plopped down beside me, throwing an arm around my shoulders as he pulled me into his side. "Why would I do that?" He snorted, causing me to smile to myself. I couldn't help but to bury my cheek into his warm side, glancing up at him from beneath my lashes. "Well, if you're going to stay..." I began in a hum. "Wanna go to my room? I'd rather cuddle in an actual bed instead of on the couch." I suggested, fiddling with the fabric of his shirt with my thumb and index finger.

Jagger stood up from the couch in response, hoisting me up with him by picking me up as if I weighed nothing at all. I squeaked in surprise and wrapped my arms around his neck, clinging to him like a koala to a tree. His full lips twitched up into an amused smirk at my reaction and he began to carry me down the hall, gently bumping my door open before kicking it closed again after entering. He reached my bed and lightly tossed me onto it, my body bouncing atop it as I peered up at him when he crawled his way in beside me.

His long, muscular arm slid around my waist to tug me into his side, letting my head rest atop his firm chest comfortably. I slid my leg between his, tangling mine with his. For a while we laid in a comfortable silence, his fingers gently trailing up and down the length of my arm, but it was only about twenty minutes later that Jag decided to break the silence. "Can I ask you something, birdie?" He murmured, causing me to glance up at him, resting my chin upon his chest. "Of course." I responded softly.

He hesitated for a moment, biting on his bottom lip as he peered down at me. "Silas told me a long time ago that your mom walked out on you two when you were young, and you don't really remember her." He brought up the subject with uncertainty, as if he was unsure how I'd react. "Do you wish you could meet her?" He wondered, causing me to go quiet. For him to ask about my mom was perhaps the last thing I could've ever expected.

"No." I admitted, giving a simple shake of my head. I slipped my fingertips beneath the fabric of his shirt, beginning to absentmindedly trace over the defined muscles as I spoke. "She might've given birth to me, but she's not my mom. I wondered for a long time about her, sure, and what I'd done wrong for her to leave, but I came to terms with it a little while before my dad passed away. I don't really think about her anymore, to be honest, and I don't want to meet her." I said, causing him to smile gently down at me.

I felt his fingers trace through the strands of my hair and my eyelids fluttered shut in a state of bliss, as I loved it when he played with my hair like this. "She's the one who's missing out, anyway." He murmured, twirling a strand of my hair around his finger.

My heart skipped a beat when he gently pulled at my hair to tilt my head back more, making me meet his pretty gray eyes. "Though I do hate that you ever thought there was something wrong with you because of her." He confessed, causing a little smile to tug up onto my lips. I sat up and crawled onto his lap, straddling him with my legs on either side of his body. "You're so sweet to me, Jag." I said softly, leaning over his frame.

Grasping my hips, he slid his large hands around to grip my ass, pushing up my short red skirt with little white flowers on it. I giggled quietly and placed my hands on his chest, placing a gentle kiss on his jawline. He caught my lips when I went to pull away, kissing me with a passion that had my heart pounding so hard that I could hear it within my head, making it hard for me to breathe or think of anything but him. When I broke apart from him, I pressed my forehead against his as the two of us tried to catch our breath, his hands sliding beneath my light blue crop top.

Jagger spoke after a few seconds passed, his voice low and husky. "I love you, Eden." He murmured, causing my heart to flutter. I smiled softly and placed a soft, brief kiss on his lips again. "I love you, too." I whispered.