43

~Eden's POV~

"Wait, wait." Silas gently grabbed me by the elbow the next morning as I looped my bag over one shoulder, causing me to glance up at him with furrowed brows. "You forgot the car keys." He told me, gesturing over to the keys that still sat on the table beside the couch.

I shook my head and pointed over to Jagger as he ate a plate of eggs in the kitchen. "He's taking me to work and then when he picks me up, I'm going to spend the night at his place." I said, running my fingers through the ends of my hair. Though my brother's face suddenly seemed far more displeased than it had five seconds ago, he just reluctantly nodded his head and let go of my elbow. A little smile formed on my lips and I turned toward him, wrapping my arms around him in a hug that seemed to catch him off guard, judging by the way that he just stood there for a moment before he hugged me back. "Love you, Si." I told him softly, pushing up on my toes to kiss his cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow when I get home, okay?"

He gave a hesitant nod of his head and I wandered into the kitchen where Jagger was, setting his newly cleaned plate in the dishwasher. "Ready to go?" I asked him, gently grabbing his hand and tangling my fingers with his. "Of course, birdie." He hummed, and we left the apartment with one another after he and my brother did the weird guy hug.

We left in his car and he dropped me off at work, grabbing my wrist before I could hop out of the car to head inside. I turned to glance over at him and laughed when he leaned over the console between our seats to kiss me, his long fingers tangling into the loose strands of my dark hair. "I'll pick you up later, hm?" He murmured as he pulled away, the warmth of his breath fanning my cheeks. "Y-Yeah." I whispered, giving him a simple nod of my head before I clambered out of his car.

Then Jag pulled his way out of the parking lot as I approached the front doors, disappearing down the street.

**

Jagger showed up before my shift was even over, his large frame leaning against the back of his car as he waited patiently for me. I bit on my cheek as I walked over to him, pulling the sleeves of my teal colored sweater down over my hands a little more.

He smiled when he saw me, reaching out to pull me closer once I got close enough. My sweater was tucked loosely into my high-waisted denim jeans, allowing his long fingers to dip beneath the waistband of my pants and pull me against him. I squeaked in surprise and placed my hands on his firm chest, shivering as the biting cold air hit my face when the wind blew, making it even colder. "How was your day, little bird?" He asked in a hum, one hand brushing through the length of my hair while the other wrapped loosely around my waist.

I wrapped my arms around him and propped my chin against his chest, peering up at him. "It was okay. I'm just ready to go back to your place." I responded, smiling slightly when he patted my ass and the edges of his full lips tugged into a playful smirk. "You just wanna get me naked, don't you?" He teased, causing me to laugh.

A grin formed on his face at the sound, the two of us getting into his car once I shivered again and realized how cold I was becoming. He started up the car and immediately turned on the heater, making a small smile rise on my face when I noticed this. "T-Thanks." I stuttered, my teeth chattering slightly.

The drive back to Jag's house was pretty quick, where he and I wandered to his bedroom and I sat my bag down on the floor at the foot on his large bed. He slid his arms around my waist and I smiled to myself at the way he gently placed his chin on my shoulder, speaking to me in a low murmur. "I missed you so fucking much, Eden." He said, burying his face into the crook of my neck. I felt him gently kiss the skin of my neck and let out a soft laugh, placing my hands over his. "I missed you too." I whispered, feeling content with the way he held me.

My hands slid up around his neck as I turned around within his arms, pushing up on my toes to kiss him on the mouth. He hummed against my lips and gripped tightly at my hips, pulling me into him. "You think that Silas will ever forgive us for lying?" He wondered, peering down at me. I smiled up at him, brushing my fingers through his hair. "Yes." I said easily. "I'm still surprised he even invited you over last night, honestly." I added.

Jag chuckled and picked me up in his arms, allowing my legs to wrap around his waist before he crawled into his bed with me. "I was too, but I'm not fucking complaining. If it means that he lets you and I be together like we please, then I don't care how long it takes him to forgive me for it." He murmured, lowering me onto his bed with his large frame hovering over my figure. A soft giggle left my lips and I peered up at him, the low lighting casting shadows over his handsome face. He ducked his head down and nipped gently at the exposed skin of my neck, slipping his hand beneath my sweater to brush against my stomach. "I love you." I told him in a quiet voice, earning a soft sigh of content. "You know I love you, little bird." He responded.

Unable to help myself, I smiled up at him and pecked his lips. He kissed my neck, the metal of his dangly earring brushing against my throat when he laid his weight upon me as he relaxed. The two of us settled into a comfortable silence and I let my eyes flutter shut, just enjoying his presence and the weight of his body on mine. Although he was heavy, I didn't mind it at all. I just saw it as proof that I was really here with him.

For a while we laid in silence, cuddling, until Jagger suddenly spoke in a low manner. "Did you ever regret lying to Silas just to be with me?" He asked with hesitancy, causing my eyes to flutter open, surprised at his question. "No." I answered, a slight frown on my lips. "Did you?" I flipped the question back at him and smiled when he answered immediately. "Not even for a second." He muttered.

I buried my fingers into his soft hair and smiled to myself, laughing softly when he flipped us over so I was laid on top of him. He slid his hands from my waist to my butt, propping his back against the wall at the head of his bed as he peered down at me. "Why would I ever regret you?" He hummed, my heart fluttering within my chest from his words. I just shrugged my shoulders, straddling his lap as I placed my hands on his chest and glanced up at him through my lashes. "Because you've known Silas for a long time. Sometimes I just found it hard to believe that you thought I was worth the trouble it'd bring with him." I admitted quietly.

His gray eyes flashed with surprise at my words. "Why wouldn't I?" He muttered, a furrowing forming between his brows. "You're more than just some booty call. I knew that I wanted to make you mine long before you made the first move. Just because I tried to restrain myself at first doesn't mean I didn't want you at any point."

A warmth filled my cheeks at his words and I smiled softly, leaning into his frame. "Promise?" I asked, to which he sent me a flat look and playfully rolled his eyes. "Promise." He said lowly before he squeezed my butt tightly within his palms and kissed me slowly, whisking me away in the gentleness of his kiss and the feel of his hands on my body. I broke away from him when I struggled to breathe, letting my eyelids flutter shut when he leaned his forehead against mine gently.

"This body might've been something that I lusted after, sure, but it's not the only thing about you that drew me into temptation." He told me in a low voice, tracing his hands over my figure. "And the more I love you, the more tempting I find you." Unable to think of anything to say, I just smiled softly to myself, but he wasn't finished. Jag just pulled me closer, sliding one hand up to tangle his fingers into my hair.

"So, no," He added quietly. "I don't think I could ever regret you when I love you this way."