4

~Eden's POV~

"Ugh," Silas groaned as he came stumbling into the kitchen the next morning, or more like the next afternoon, to be more precise. I looked up at him, stirring the creamer into my coffee that I had poured in the cup. "My head is fucking killing me." He muttered under his breath, snatching the coffee from the coffee maker before he grabbed a mug from up in the cabinet and poured himself a cup.

His head must've been really killing him because he just drank the coffee completely black, with no sugar or creamer or anything, which he never did because he always said it tasted like dirt. I cocked up a brow, taking a bite of the toast that I'd made for myself. "Yeah, you came home wasted off of your ass last night." I said, giggling softly in amusement. Although I didn't know exactly how much he had drank last night, it was quite obvious to see that it had been a lot. "I'd be surprised if you weren't hungover." I added, keeping my voice as soft as possible so as not to make his head hurt more.

Si grunted, putting the coffee pot back onto the coffee machine as he drank from his mug some more. "Did you take any tylenol already?" I asked him, knowing that he probably needed it if he hadn't taken some yet. He gave a light, barely noticeable nod of his head and walked over to me, grabbing a piece of toast from my plate.

"How'd I get home?" He muttered, taking a bite of the food that he had stolen from me. I raised a brow, knowing that he must've been even more drunk than I'd thought if he couldn't even remember how he got here. "Jagger drove you here and I helped him tuck you into bed like a baby." I said, teasing him, and it clearly worked because he scowled at me. "Shut up." He grunted, pushing off of the counter that he had been leaning against. I just giggled, placing my plate in the dish washer after I had washed it off, since it was hardly even dirty in the first place.

"You probably should let Jagger know you're still alive, by the way. He seemed kind of peeved at you for getting so drunk last night, so I would grovel at his feet for being kind enough to bring you home." I told him, deciding to leave out what Jagger told me last night. There was no way he was actually being serious and wanted me to tell Silas that. It was just a joke.

Cringing, Silas glanced over at me as he walked into the living room and sat on the couch. "Oh, god. He's gonna hold it over me forever." He groaned, to which I snorted. I wandered into the living room as well and sat on the other end of the couch, still clutching my cup of coffee in my hands. "Yeah, probably." I agreed, laughing softly. "Did you have fun last night, though? Well, from what little you can probably remember." I asked, cocking my head to the side curiously. I'd never been to a club, hell I had never even really set foot near one, and I didn't care to. I just wanted Si to have a good time.

He tilted his head back and narrowed his eyes up at the ceiling, as if he was trying to recall the events of last night. "Mmm, yes." He said, smiling over at me. "Actually, I think I got this pretty girl's number somehow. I don't know how that happened when I was as drunk as I was." He recalled, causing me to smile. "Maybe she pitied you." I teased.

A soft laugh tore from his throat as he glanced over at me, taking a sip from his coffee. "Yeah, she probably did."

**

"Hmm," I murmured to myself as I looked through the fridge for something to make for lunch the next day, as Silas had gone out to help Jagger with something. Well, that was essentially what I had understood from the jumble of words he'd spouted to me as he was rushing out of the apartment, anyway.

Normally I would've probably ordered food if Silas was at home with me for lunch, but I was on my own and I didn't feel like waiting for the food to get here, so I just began to look for something to make myself instead. I was still looking through the fridge in search of something to make myself when I heard the front door being unlocked, causing me to stand and turn around, the fridge still left wide open behind me. Silas came walking in with Jagger trailing behind him, the two of them not noticing me due to the fact that they were mid-conversation.

"You're such an ass." Silas laughed as he shut the front door and locked it, causing me to curiously watch the two of them in wonder as to what they were talking about. "And you were a drunken cockblock, so who's worse? I'm just being honest, dude. You were bothering the hell out of that poor girl, trying to flirt with her." Jagger retorted, chuckling to himself. I assumed that he was referring to the girl that Si had said he'd gotten the phone number of. "I was not!" Si exclaimed defensively, tossing his house keys onto the table beside the couch.

Jagger snorted. "Yeah, you were. The funny thing was that you just kept babbling on about nothing, and occasionally adding in flirty comments and eventually she just gave you her number before fleeing." He recalled, causing me to smile in amusement. That sounded about right for drunk Silas to do, honestly.

"What are you guys doing back?" I asked the two of them, fiddling with the sleeves of my orange sweater that I had tucked into my jeans with vibrantly colored vertical stripes on them. "I thought you would be gone a while." I added, my voice causing the two of them to look my way and begin to approach me in the kitchen. Silas smiled and shrugged his shoulder, shutting the fridge that I had absentmindedly left open behind me still. "Yeah, I was helping Jagger at his place with situating furniture, since he just moved in." He explained.

I glanced over at Jagger, who was leaning against the island counter, and parted my lips in an 'o' of realization. That was what Silas had been referring to helping him out with, then. "I see." I nodded, looking up at Si again. "I was just looking for something to make for lunch." I told him, brushing a strand of hair that had fallen from the bun on my head behind my ear, getting it out of my face.

"We could just order something." Silas suggested with a shrug of his shoulders, already digging into his pocket for his phone. "Pizza?" He asked me, to which I slowly nodded and then glanced over at Jagger. "Do you want pizza?" I tossed the same question to him, causing him to flick his gray eyes over to me. "Mhm." He hummed. "Hawaiian." He said. Si nodded his head and left the room to place the order, leaving Jagger and I standing in the kitchen together. "I didn't know you like Hawaiian pizza too. Si always teases me because it's my favorite." I said with a slight pout, the fact that I was suddenly speaking making him look my way.

An amused smile formed on his full lips. "That's because it's Silas, and you're his little sister. He's always gonna tease you like that." Jagger chuckled, only earning a huff from me. I knew he was right, of course, so I didn't disagree.

"Did he talk to you about the other night? I told him he should thank you for bringing him home." I wondered, wandering over to the fridge to grab a Coca Cola for myself. Jagger snorted from behind me and I glanced over my shoulder at him, wondering what was funny. "Yeah, he did. I hear you didn't pass my message along, birdie." He responded, causing me to furrow my brows slightly as I shut the fridge and turned to face him again.

"Oh." I said dumbly. "I-I thought that was a joke." I told him honestly, biting on my bottom lip in embarrassment. He gave me a slight smirk, nodding his head. "It half was. I knew you wouldn't say that to him." He admitted.

Unsure what he meant, I cocked my head to the side. "How?" I asked, as he and I didn't really know one another at all despite the fact that he and Silas had been best friends for ten years or so now. The most I knew about him was that he liked Hawaiian pizza, apparently, and I'd only just now found that out. "Because you're you. Si talks about you like you're an angel, so I was pretty damn sure you wouldn't say it. I just thought it'd be entertaining to see your reaction, and it was." He said, making my face burn in embarrassment. That made sense, I suppose. Silas treated me like a little kid sometimes, so it wasn't a surprise to hear what Jagger was telling me.

"Right." I responded softly, rubbing the back of my neck. "I didn't know Silas talked about me to his friends, or to anyone." I said, causing him to hum and nod his head. "Yeah, he does. He used to talk about you so much in college that some of our other friends would ask about you, and then he got all protective and shit." He snorted. A soft laugh left me, not at all surprised to hear that. Silas had always been protective of me.

A very, very brief silence fell between us that only lasted about a maximum of ten seconds before Silas came barreling back into the room, loud as ever. "Pizza is on the way!" He exclaimed.