25

~Jagger's POV~

I woke up alone in my bed the next morning, a groan leaving my lips when I reached out to pull Eden closer and was instead met with nothing beside me but air. My eyes snapped open in confusion, as I could vividly remember that she'd fallen asleep here in my bed last night, just as she had for a while now.

Despite the fact that I had given Eden her own room, she slept with me in mine, and I had grown so used to it that I was surprised to wake up alone. I mean, she had been sleeping in my room with me since basically the first time we kissed. The both of us seemingly just were far more content with that.

As I sat up in bed, rubbing a hand over my face, I heard the sound of my bedroom door open quietly before soft footsteps padded into my room. The lights were still off, making it a little bit hard to see her at first, but when she began to skitter her way towards my bed I couldn't help but to smile to myself. "There you are." I muttered, relaxing back into the pillows. "Where did you go, little bird?" I asked in a low voice, a sleepy lull to my tone when I spoke. All I wanted was for her to crawl back into my bed so I could go back to sleep with her in my arms. There was something comforting about holding her, feeling her against me and knowing that she was there. It made it easy to sleep.

Eden's dark black hair swayed when she snapped her head up to look at me, the strands slightly damp. She blinked when she noticed that I was now awake, a sheepish smile forming on her full, pouty mouth. Even in my sleepy state, I had half a mind to lean over and ravage her lips like I always wanted to.

"Sorry." She spoke quietly, standing beside the bed now. "I was just taking a shower. I thought you'd still be asleep when I got back." She explained, causing me to grunt and run a hand through my hair, which I had no doubt likely looked far messier than usual from sleep. I could tell from her change in outfit and her damp hair that she'd definitely been in the shower. "Are you coming back to bed or do I have to hold you captive here while I sleep?" I asked, really only half joking. I wanted her back in my bed again, badly.

A soft laugh left her lips as she crawled into my bed, her white top with a brightly colored moon on it now replacing the big shirt of mine that she had fallen asleep in. I took her into my arms regardless, tugging her short, curvy body into me. She let out a soft giggle at the possessive, clingy behavior of mine and the sound of her laugh had me clutching her tighter as I buried my face into her soft hair. Her familiar coffee scent made me relax, an incredibly content feeling washing over me. It was that little laugh that she'd let out that had me faintly realizing that I had it bad for her. Never in my life had I been so utterly attracted to someone that even the sound of a fucking laugh made me weak.

Even so, I didn't mind it at all.

**

A few hours passed before I awoke again, the warmth of Eden's body against me enough for me to know that she was still here. I reluctantly peeled my eyes open and found that she was already awake, and seemed to have been awake for a while judging by the look on her face. She seemed wide awake.

"You're up." She said softly when she noticed I was awake, peering up at me through her lashes. I hummed and ran a hand down her side, my palm gliding over the fabric of her rainbow striped short shorts before resting on the soft skin of her exposed thigh. "Have you been awake long, birdie?" I muttered, to which she gently shook her head. "No, I fell asleep for a bit so I've only been awake for about an hour now." She answered, her fingers teasing the bare skin of my back in a way that made my skin prickle with goosebumps.

I groaned softly as I rolled onto my back to glance at the clock on the bedside table behind me, a little bit surprised to see that it was only ten AM now. It wasn't nearly as late in the day as I'd thought it was.

Eden scooted closer to me, one of her legs tangled with mine beneath the blankets and my arm still wrapped around her waist. "I should shower." I grumbled, causing her to pout when I slid out of bed. I hid an amused smile at her pout, reaching down to smack her ass playfully. "I'll be back." I chuckled, leaving her in my bed to head to the bathroom down the hallway.

My shower was pretty quick, maybe twenty minutes at the most, so I wasn't surprised to find that Eden was still waiting patiently in my bed. I flicked on the lights and she looked up from her phone, a smile growing on her full lips as she spotted me. "You're back." She said, my lips twitching up in amusement as I dried my hair with the towel, knowing the strands were likely sticking up all over the place when I pulled the towel away. "Well, I did say I would be." I teased her, watching as her pretty crystal like eyes flicked down the length of my bare chest. It was the expression on her face that told me she liked what she saw, and that just flared my ego up, which was something that I'd admit I didn't need more of. Still, I wanted her to find me attractive, so it just stroked my ego to see that she did.

She gave me a smile, setting her phone down as I slid my way back into bed and straddled her curvy frame. The long strands of her hair spilled across my pillows like black silk, my gaze trailing over her perfect face until I ducked down to kiss her deeply, unable to help myself.

The softness of her legs wound around my hips, brushing against my bare skin where the band of my boxers ended and left just my skin for her to touch. I kissed her jaw and she tangled her dainty fingers into my hair, shivering when I bit at her earlobe. She moaned softly and I heaved out a breath, feeling her body tremble against me when it fanned over her skin.

Lowering myself onto her, I nuzzled my head into the fullness of her breasts and she giggled softly. I knew if I kept kissing her, that if she kept making those little noises then I'd lose my mind. So instead, I just decided to lay on her front, grateful about the fact that she didn't seem to mind my added weight on her body. For a while we just laid in silence, her fingers playing with my hair, but eventually she spoke up, her voice soft. "My brother is going to be back next week." She stated, causing me to flick my eyes up to hers. I just stared at her, a small frown formed on my face. "Yeah." I muttered, wishing that I didn't have to be reminded of that.

There was a slight look of wariness on her face, a furrow within her brows and a frown that matched my own. "When he's back...I mean, what will we tell him?" She asked quietly, gently biting onto her bottom lip. It took me a moment to respond, thoughtfully looking up at her as I pondered her question. "Nothing." I decided eventually, my voice a murmur.

Surprise flashed across her face and she blinked at me, clearly not expecting that response. "Nothing...?" She echoed, confused. "But he's my brother, and your best friend." She responded, a conflicted look on her face. I let out a sigh, grasping the hand that wasn't playing with my hair and tangling my fingers with hers. "I know, little bird." I assured her. "But you're a grown woman, too, and yet it seems like every time a man wants to be with you, he forbids it. He just drives them away." I said, watching as she glanced down but didn't disagree with me. She knew that I was right.

"Do you think he'll really be that mad at this, at us?" She wondered, cocking her head to the side as her gaze met mine again. I hesitated, able to tell from the tone in her voice that she was hopeful that he wouldn't be. Eden had only had Silas for a long time now, so it wasn't a surprise to me that she looked up to him and held hope that he wouldn't be too mad. I knew I couldn't be the one to tell her otherwise.

"I don't know." I said lowly, even though I knew very well that he would probably hate me if he ever found out.