Chapter 6: The truth

Zak POV

TWO MONTHS LATER

It has been two months since my parents death.

I've managed to survive through it, well barely only because I had Darryl to comfort me when I started to break down.

It took about a month to get over their deaths, even now it still crosses my mind and makes me want to curl up in a ball and start bawling my eyes out but it hasn't been the only thing stuck in my mind since that day.

Darryl being a Celestial was still on my mind, I can't get rid of the thought and whenever I've tried to ask him about it, somehow our whole conversation just gets interrupted! It's so fucking annoying!

Today I was walking home from school with Darryl who was slowly following behind me, his hands holding on to each other in a death grip for some reason. Maybe it's cold, I could just hold his hand instead of him having to squeeze the shit outta his hands.

Luckily Owen hasn't been bothering us lately, I think it's because Darryl scared the shit out of him last time we associated so it's been pretty peaceful just the two of us hanging out together like the best bros we are.

"Hey Darryl, what are you doing after school today?" I asked.

"Maybe buy some muffins or play with Lucy, I'm not really sure..why do you ask?" He replied.

I stopped walking and turned to face him.

"Well I was hoping-" I started but was cut off when I heard someone throw something at us.

CLANG.

It hit a trash can, what shit aim! I snorted at the thought of it.

"What the fuck." I mumbled looking up at the person in front of us, stepping in front of Darryl and raising an arm to block him.

The guy was shit aim had blonde hair with a fade out blue, a blue shirt with a black vest, demon horns and wings, black pants, and a red thing tied to his leg..maybe a bandage or something? Must've done that to himself with his shit aim.

"Hey, you must be Zak right? Oh and I noticed you have a little guest, perhaps you're boyfriend?" He mischievously giggled, slowly getting closer to us.

I felt it get a tiny bit hotter when he said that for some reason but there was no time to question how I was feeling at the time, what matters is that Darryl- and me- are safe!

I could feel panic slowly sliding into me, how the hell was I supposed to protect Darryl if I had no powers?

Then it hit me. I had weird diamond powers! Well hopefully anyway.

I raised my hand and closed my eyes.

Nothing happened.

Shit.

The blonde immediately shot a dark orb at us as soon as he saw me open my eyes again, although I was pretty sure he was mostly aiming at me.

I attempted to dodge but instead I got hit in the stomach and ended up getting hit into the ground,

I watched in terror as he then lifted his hand and created another dark orb, every single second it got bigger and bigger. Once it was pretty much bigger than my head he was about to launch it at me but then he was lifted into the air, his dark orb looking like it was malfunctioning somehow with a bunch of random sparks coming from it.

"Get away from Zak." Darryl yelled, keeping the blonde helplessly in the air.

The blonde looked at him and chuckled, he launched a dark orb at Darryl which shot him to the ground. Fortunately the blonde was still stuck in the air and Darryl easily got back up, except Darryl looked a bit different this time.