Chapter 16: Home again

ZAK POV

-

"Someone help him!"

"He needs to get a doctor!"

-

"Is he breathing okay?!"

"Yes! His breathing is steady!"

beep...beep...beep...

-

"Zak are you okay?!"

...Darryl?

"Doctors! He's waking up!"

-

"Sir, please lay down, you shouldn't put too much weight on your body," a doctor said as a bunch of doctors ran through the room, scrambling to get medical supplies.

"What the...fuck happened...?" I asked them, my voice shaked as I spoke and they gave me pitiful eyes. I could barely open my eyes yet my vision seemed to be dizzy.

"You were found outside in the forest unconscious so they took you here as fast as they could." The doctor replied, they ran out of the room as I heard more distant shouting from more panicked doctors.

What happened before then...? How did I faint...?

My mind filled with endless questions until I heard someone barged into the room and sat on my hospital bed, I was met by familiar emerald eyes and was wrapped into a hug. Darryl... I smiled as I hugged him back, well attempted since my arms were in a shit state.

"Zak your okay!" He exclaimed as he wiped off some upcoming tears, I grinned and barely nodded as he jumped off my bed and smiled back. "W-What happened to you? You were gone since the kidnap and I thought you got killed or something" he began to ramble.

"Well I got lost in the forest after I escaped my kidnappers" I said and shook off the feeling that crept into me, but...there's something else...right? 

My mind felt emptier than usual, I was missing something...something important I was sure if it. I sighed and looked up at Darryl only to be met by complete darkness, glowing white eyes peered at me from a distance.

"CELESTE IS NOTHING"

"Ah!" I shrieked out as Darryl immediately grabbed my hand making me unable to fall off the bed. "Zak?! What's wrong?" He asked and looked at me with worry and confusion. "It's nothing...sorry about that" I chuckled, Darryl looked at me and simply just nodded, "fine, I won't pry you anymore" he stated and slipped off the bed, returning back on the couch.

I sighed, what the hell was that? My memory felt blank thinking about it, what was I doing? Am I hallucinating things?

My mind felt buried in questions, the strange feeling as if I was missing something of my memory  bothered me. My hands tightened into fists and I looked down at my lap, my hands clutched the hospital sheets tighter and I could feel the outside blurring out.

I sat there until Darryl walked over and sat himself down, peering at my clear frustration. He slid his hand on mine and finally spoke, "Zak, are you okay? Your really tense and—" he began but then he cut himself off and sighed.