Chapter 9: Demon

3RD  POV //  look up^

"I brought you here so you can learn about your past lives as Celestials."

Zak's eyes widened and he felt as if a huge burden had been lift off his shoulders.

All this time he thought he was useless because he lacked the powers to do anything but really, in his past live, he was a Celestial.

Darryl just nodded with a small hint of surprise in his face at the reveal, he seemed pretty unfazed unlike Zak who was trying to keep himself composed and ready to hear more.

George offered them a small smile before turning around, going down on the ground, and whispering some ancient words that both Zak and Darryl couldn't make out, seemingly gibberish to them.

After he was done he stood back up and did a quick bow as if expecting a round if applause from his confused audience.

"What the fu-" Zak was about to yell but was immediately cut off by a door slowly coming together, its parts practically coming out of nowhere and piecing itself together piece by piece.

Once it was finished forming, George put his hand on the door knob and opened it, revealing an intense glowing light that neither boys could handle.

"H-hey Zak..." Darryl said with a very tired tone, putting his hand on his forehead and leaning himself against the walls to steady himself.

"Yeah...?" Zak asked, looking over to the boy beside him only to see the brunette fell over and go unconscious.

"Darryl..!" Zak's lips barely parted as he reached out for the unconscious boy but then, before Zak could react to what was happening, he also fell over, completely unconscious and seemingly dead from a bystander's view. 

George sighed, "I hate this job," he muttered and sat on a nearby tree log, staring at the two now unconscious boys while muttering some curses under his breath.

Darryl POV (3rd Person)

Darryl's eyes slowly opened, he was expecting for some bright sun light but he was met with nothing but a more holographic version of the sun.

Darryl sat up and looked around, he was for some reason on the beach. He couldn't feel the ground...it was almost as if he was a ghost or a spirit of some sort, unable to feel or touch any physical object.

He looked at the water, it made him relaxed as the faint yet soothing sounds of the waves splashing on the sound echoed throughout the scenery.

As he sat there, he was suddenly alarmed as he heard someone coming from the right side of the beach. Darryl squeaked in surprise and immediately jumped up in a panic and watched as the weird looking stranger came by. 

The stranger didn't seem bothered by Darryl's attention or presence as they just kept on walking by without a care in the world.

"Hey, um..where am I?" Darryl asked, chasing after the strange person.

The person didn't do anything but walk and look ahead.

The person was wearing a black hoodie with red horns sticking out and a tail moving from side to side. They seemed to be carrying a basket of berries and another bag containing a cake inside.

"Hey! Hello?" Darryl exclaimed, getting in front of the person but his eyes widened at the stranger's exotic appearance.

The person's skin was completely black, including their hair while their eyes were as white as snow, no pupils or anything of the sort but an endless snowy abyss.

"Wha-" Darryl started but was cut off when the strange person went right through him.

Darryl's mouth opened in terror. He felt violated and embarrassed that he was trying to talk to someone who most likely didn't even feel his presence.