Chapter 19: The Mirror Realm

3RD POV

Zak and Darryl trudged along the forest, it was quiet the whole way through until they stopped at the familiar mushroom cottage only this time dark vines were spread around it, nearly covering the whole house.

"We're here," Darryl said, he brushed his hand along the vines but quickly pulled back once he felt a strong dark aura around it.

"Do you think that George guy is still alive? Celeste clearly invaded the area," Zak said, looking around for any sign of the covered door or any sort of entrance in the mushroom house.

"Hopefully, Puffy was sure that he could help us," Darryl said and sighed as they continued to look around. Zak flinched at the mention of Puffy, was it jealousy or was he just being weird?

"Mhm...you know what, I have a better idea than finding an entrance." Zak announced, smirking at his idea. "What is it-," Darryl began but was cut off by a loud disoriented screaming coming from the front of the house.

"Zak?!" Darryl yelled, he rushed to the front only to find Zak leaning against the door. "What happened?" Darryl asked, noticing the door that was now visible and wasn't covered by a vine.

"I broke the vine, then it made some weird screaming noises. Pretty strange," Zak said, he kicked the door open and his eyes widened, fear.

"Darryl..I think we have a bit of a problem," Zak muttered as Darryl peered over his shoulder, his eyes widening aswell. 

Sitting and leaning against a small wooden table was George, he had a vine sticking through his stomach and he was bleeding non-stop.

"Fuck." Zak said, rushing over to the injured protector who winced at the sudden touch of Zak. George nearly opened his eyes and groaned, he glanced at Zak, shakily opening his mouth.

"Go...mirror realm..." George weakly said, pointing a shaking finger to the room of the past. Zak and Darryl exchanged worried glances and nodded as George continued to rest on the wooden table.

They walked over to the room of the past, inside the crystals were shattered to pieces and the mushrooms lost all life inside of them. "Mirror realm? What the fuck is a mirror realm?!" Zak groaned, accidentally destroying a crystal beside him.

Darryl silently laughed and peered around the room, "perhaps there is a secret door or something like that?" he suggested, brushing away the scattered crystals on the floor and attempting to avoid the lifeless mushrooms.

"Maybe we have to make some magic thing happen!" Zak smirked as Darryl sighed in response. They both scattered around the room, looking for any possible clues in silence.

"Zak...what are we exactly?" Darryl asked, giving a slight glance over to Zak who paused looking. "I- um, I don't know," Zak said, chuckling and looked over to Darryl. "What do you want us to be?" Zak asked, smirking a bit as Darryl slightly blushed.

"Well, we do like eachother like romantically so maybe boyfriends?" Darryl awkwardly said as Zak laughed in response. "Next time Bad, just ask and maybe go on one knee and propose to me at the same time," Zak said and laughed as Darryl just sighed.

"Since when did you start calling me 'Bad'?" Darryl asked as Zak just continued laughing, "we did marry in our past lives so I just thought it would be appropriate to call eachother by our given names!" Zak said as Darryl chuckled, "I bet you just called me that because you got to call me bad," he said as Zak gasped dramatically in response, "I would never!" he announced as Darryl rolled his eyes.

Zak looked around and smirked once his eyes set upon the thing that got them there in the first place.

A big red button.

"Darryl, I think I got it!" Zak announced, grinning at the button as Darryl walked over to him, only frowning at the sight. "Seriously? This is exactly what got us here in the first place-" Darryl started before Zak pressed the button, oh no.

Suddenly they were both blinded by a white light and all of a sudden a white arch with leaves poking out from the arch appeared in front of them. What the fuck.

"What the fuck-" Zak said as Darryl looked in shock at the arch, "language Zak," he mumbled within his state of shock. They both shared nervous glances at eachother, could this be the mirror realm?

"If this is the mirror realm, why was it so terribly hidden with a button-?" Zak wondered as Darryl shrugged, "maybe George knew us humans were a bit too dumb for this so he made a button since we seem so drawn towards clicking things." Darryl suggested, "how do we know he knew we would come?" Zak asked as Darryl thought for a moment.

"He is the protector of the past, isn't he?" Darryl asked as Zak looked over to him in confusion, "but he's only the protector of the past, not the protector of the future right?" Zak asked as Darryl thought for a moment.

"Unless...we weren't the first humans to arrive here." Darryl said as they exchanged worried glances, "I mean...that could be it," Zak said as they both stared in silence. "It doesn't make too much sense and its a bit out there but maybe its true," Darryl said as the two stayed quiet.

"How about we just go in now?" Zak suggested as Darryl nodded in response, Zak started to walk in before Darryl grabbed onto his wrist, "Huh?" Zak cluelessly said but grinned at the hint.

"Awww you want to hold hands?" He smirked as Darryl just rolled his eyes, "yeah now we can go," Darryl said as Zak just silently laughed. They both took once last glance at eachother and stepped inside.

SJDJEIOWJDMCKFOWOQPWKDMFNFNROTOGJFNSIWORKGJGNVNCJOOWPWIRUCHEMWPSPDUFHEWEIFHHEOWIDUFURPLCMWJWIDKOEEPWODUCHDJWOKEJDJEKWK

They both landed on the ground and screamed at the sudden teleportation. "FUCK THAT HURTS!" Zak screeched as Darryl just rubbed his head. "Language!" He scolded as Zak just continued to screech.

After a few minutes of pure waiting for Zak to stop screeching they looked around them, it was basic. It was all just white and a white path in front of them, leading them somewhere unknown.

They nervously glanced at eachother before a big shadow looked over them, "who are you?" The voice echoed as Zak and Darryl nearly screamed out of fear. They couldn't make out the figures features, they could tell it was a males voice but other then that, the identity of the character was unknown.

"Who are you and where are we?!" Zak yelled, the figure didn't react much to his anger, the shadow was actually quite oblivious to it.

"He let you go here, didn't he?" the voice echoed as Zak and Darryl just exchanged nervous glances. "Hm, I thought me and Georgie had a bond of trust, I suppose not," the shadow sighed, the shadow looked at them and they could tell it held a sly smile at them.

"Who are you?!" Zak yelled, he put a hand in front of Darryl as Darryl watched the figure closely.

The shadow slowly revealed itself, a green hoodie, blonde hair tied in a long braid, big wings attached to his back and a big mask with two words.

XD.

AUTHORS NOTE

wowie two chapter in a week, wtf- anyways yes I had motivation for this so appreciate this once in a year event.

anyways hope you guys enjoyed! try and live till next chapter 👍

-Tae