Chapter 3:

Catty rushed into the café and waited in line eagerly. You noticed her hyper feet and excited tail movement. Tony shot you a glance, to which you shrugged your shoulders and continued typing in orders. Her ears twitched slightly.

You hurried the order you were working on to speed up the line. Tony, who had no food orders to work on, began taking customers written orders to help you. You gave him a thankful smile.

"Don't wear yourself out, kid." He huffed.

You winked. "I can handle my own, thanks."

After a few minutes, Catty was standing infront of you with a wide grin.

"Hey, ghoul!" You hummed.

She watched your tail movement and lined hers up to yours. You smiled at her warmly.

"Hey! Wanna hang out after school?? I can come to your place! O-Or you can come to mine! Whichever, really!"

You giggled at her. "Sure, we can go to mine. I'll order pizza and we can watch a movie."

She giggled and bounced on her heels. "Can I have the same as yesterday?"

"Of course!" You typed in her order.

Tony went to the back to make the donut, giving you a chance to talk to her.

A group of ghouls cackled loudly, and you turned your head to see who it was. Toralei.

You internally groaned at the ghoul and her henchmen. Not only were they the rudest and most disruptive customers, they were also the messiest.

"I bet they're gonna tip over their drinks." You whispered.

Catty watched them. "Does she do this often?"

"Oh, all the time. They only knock over their drinks when I'm having a good day, though."

"She's so rude in school, too!"

You giggled at yours and Catty's gossiping. As if things were going exactly how you imagined, Meowlody swiped her tail under her coffee cup, spilling it all over your freshly mopped floors.

You inhaled to hold in your anger.

The group gave dramatic gasps and covered their mouths. You rolled your eyes and watched as Purrsephone did the exact same thing. Toralei let out a loud scoff and smacked hers on the ground.

You gritted your teeth. Catty cleared her throat loudly.

"Excuse me!" Catty called. The group snapped their heads in her direction, as did everyone else. "Can you, like, not do that??"

You gasped. "Catty! Catty! It's fine!" You tapped her shoulder wildly. "It's fine, I can mop it!! Don't start anything!"

"No, it's not fine." She crossed her arms and popped her hip out. "If you're going to be here then you can at least be respectful."

Soft murmurs went around the customers. Every eye was now on Toralei, Purrsephone, and Meowlody. The ghouls backed up a little, shock evident on their faces.

"Well? Are you going to say anything?"

"Catty!" You whisper-yelled. "It's okay, I promise!"

Toralei ran from the building, her two henchmen in tow. Catty frowned deeper. You sighed and walked over to the mess to pick up the broken plastic cups. Coffee dribbled down your apron, adding more stains to the already ruined white fabric.

You muttered cusses under your breath as you threw them away and propped up 'wet floor' signs.

Catty gently took her donut from Tony as you mixed her coffee. You handed it to her as soon as it was finished.

She frowned. "Guess I'll be heading to school now..."

You nodded with a sympathetic smile. "Good luck."

"Yeah... I'll meet you here later!"

You giggled and waved to her as she walked out the doors. "Okay!"

💖💖💖Catty P.O.V💖💖💖

I giggled as I made my way to school. I couldn't believe it!! My very first beastie hangout!! I squealed at the thought.

No more Pharaoh, no more being alone, no more quiet kid!! Finally I could be adored and loved as a best friend!!!

My beastie makes the best coffee too. Major plus!

I sipped on the drink, admiring how good the taste was. A sudden hand grabbed my shoulder, and I spun around to see Cleo and Ghoulia.

I greeted them warmly. "Hi! What's up?"

"I'm having a party on Saturday." Cleo hummed. A smirk played on her face. Ghoulia shifted a little, moving closer to Cleo as if she were a pet. "You're gonna come, right?"

"This Saturday?" I asked.

Wow!! My very first highschool party!!!

"Mhm. It'll be at Manny's house." She popped her hip out and crossed her arms. "So, you'll be able to go?"

"I don't know where Manny lives." I frowned, holding my cup to my chest.

"No problem. I'll get Ghoulia to pick you up."

"Ugh." Ghoulia's refusal made my ears perk up.

My tail swayed gently from side to side, and I sipped on my coffee again. Cleo rolled her eyes. "Fine, I'll come pick you up. Ghoulia has school work to do."

I nodded. "Okay! I'll send you my address!"

Cleo walked past me. "Sure."

Wow!!! First beastie and first party!!! I've gotta tell (Y/N)!

My steps to school were much more energetic, and I was practically prancing through the broken forest pathway. I was careful not to spill the remaining coffee, and instead chugged it the moment I stepped foot in the courtyard.

I wonder what a party's like? I heard they're really loud and fun! Ooh, I wonder if (Y/N) would want to go with me!! Maybe I could stay the night with her afterwards!

Stop getting so worked up, Catty. You still have a few days. Plus, (Y/N) is letting you in her house today. Don't go acting a freak, now.

You're right.. I need to be more careful with how I act. Image is still very important, even if I put my singing on hold.

I slowed my walking and replaced my hunched over back with perfect posture. A guy with black and yellow hair ran past me, and a giant bull ran after him.

That must've been Manny. Geez, if he's this aggressive already, I wonder how the party's going to be.