Chapter 23:

You heaved a sigh as you toted your luggage in the old, falling apart motel. It screamed serial killer, but you didn't care. It was the cheapest motel in the area. You were sure if you didn't get some sleep then you'd be delusional. You shut and locked the door behind you and, leaving your luggage right by the door, you made your way to the bed.

You flopped your exhausted body onto the mattress and sighed in content. It was a lumpy, hard mattress, but it was the best thing you had ever felt. You had been driving for what seemed like forever. In reality, it was only 2 days.

A solid 48 hours without sleep.

You were positive you would die if you waited any longer, so you cuddled up underneath the blankets. You stripped off your bottoms and threw them across the room and onto your suitcase. Then, you rested your face against the pillow and allowed sleep to take you over.

You woke to the moon shining in through the window. You sighed and stretched your body. The mattress had begun to feel uncomfortable. Its harsh effect on your body resulted in a cramp in your arm, and you slowly rotated it to relieve the pressure.

You reached over to the alarm clock and checked the time. It was 1:43 in the morning. You sighed again. You had no idea what day it was, and you felt like your mind was cloudy and unrecognizable.

You stood on your feet and reached up into the air, stretching your body further. It felt odd, not having to worry about work or a life. The only concern in your mind was Catty, finding a new place to hide, finding money to support your lifestyle, finding a nice shower, and so forth.

You groaned and slid on your pants before stopping. You had the opportunity to shower.

You stripped down again and rushed to the shower before turning it on. Boiling water splashed down on you, and you began rinsing the dirt and sweat and grime from your hair and body. You looked around the bathroom before a realization hit you. You didn't have shampoo or conditioner.

You groaned out loudly and huffed. You grabbed the small soap bar that was complementary to the room and began lathering it in your hands. You were sure that regular soap was unhealthy for your hair, but you didn't care. You just had to be clean.

After your shower, you grabbed your blow dryer from your suitcase and fixed your hair. Then, you grabbed your suitcase and headed to the front desk to turn in your room key.

You loaded up your car with your suitcase. Then you climbed in the driver's seat and started your drive.

Catty's bus approached your neighborhood. She held her hand close to her heart, positive that if she removed it she'd have a heart attack unlike no other. It was like getting you all over again, except this time she knew what to expect.

She got to your house and jumped off the bus. Then, she ran to your door and opened it.

A big man with a gut and a bald head turned to look at her.

"Hey, Catty!" He said.

She froze. "Who the fuck are you?"

"Name's Tony. What can I do for ya?"

"Where's (Y/N)?"

"Gone, somewhere. She didn' specify over the phone. Why?"

"She's supposed to be here!" Catty turned to her body guards, who were waiting for instructions.

"Well, maybe I can help ya with whatcha need?" Tony offered.

2 men slowly entered the house, whispering about the celebrity that stood just a mere few feet away from them. They lifted the couch and carried it from the home, then they loaded it up into the back of a box truck.

"Wait-What are they doing?!" She squealed. "They can't take her stuff!"

"She told me to get rid of everythin' and sell the house." He shrugged. "I don' think she's gonna be back anytime soon."

Catty growled and stomped her foot on the ground. Now what?

It became very evident to her that she was way behind you, wherever you went. She was so far behind that she feared she may never see you again. She snapped her fingers at her bodyguards.

"Come on." She instructed. "We've got to find her."

She loaded her crew up on the bus and took a seat in her room. Then, she began typing on her social media platform.

If anyone's seen my girlfriend, please give updates! She's sold her house and doesn't intend on coming back. I'm so worried, someone please help!

*1 image attachment*

She smiled. That was sure to do something! Even adding a picture of you was sure to get some attention.

An immediate reply came.

User1224800375:
I saw her! She stayed at my motel!

Catty grinned. She caught you.