Chapter thirty

Another chapter in one day?! OMG it must be all of your birthdays. :) Well the other chapter didn't get 30 comments but I'm feeling nice SO TADA!!!!! It's rather short but better then nothing right? ;) Anywho I hope you guys like this chapter.  So the dream in this chapter could be a little confusing but i think you'll be able to tell what's going on. And now I won't post until I get thirty comments. :) Not even if I finish the next chapter. 

Chapter thirty

“How was Seattle?” Aaron asked the next morning while we were getting ready.

“It was fun and…different.” I said while braiding my hair into a fish tail braid.

“More fun than Paris?”

“No…of course not.” I said smiling before bumping him with my hip.

“What did you guys do there?”

“We went and saw all the tourist things…and we might have gone cliff jumping.” I mumbled the last part under my breath half hoping he wouldn’t hear it.

“What?” He said dropping a book he had been about to place in his back pack.

“It was safe!” I insisted. “We watched other people jump before we did…Plus I made Nate jump first so I could bail out at the last minute if he died.” I gave him an over exaggerated grin after I finished my sentence.

He sighed before shaking his head and laughing. “You’re quiet the adrenalin junky. Bungee jumping, cliff jumping, and cheer leading.” He said naming off examples.

I shrugged. “They’re fun.” He laughed again before taking my hand in his and guiding me down the stairs. “You’re not mad are you?” I asked once we were in the living room.

“Mad about what? Seattle?” I nodded. “No, of course not.”

“Liar.” I smirked looking at him.

“Fine, Sage. I’m mad. Is that what you wanted to hear?”

“Of course not, I just didn’t want you to stay mad at me and not talk about it.” I said my smile disappearing as quickly as it had appeared.

“I just don’t understand why you went with him.” He said ‘him’ with such distaste that it nearly made me cringe.

“He’s my friend.” I stated simply.

“Kalina is your friend and you didn’t go to her house…or mine. You could’ve just stayed with me.”

“Nate was the only one that understood why I had to leave.”

“You were upset at your dad; you’re always upset at your dad.” He said like it was just that simple.

“He hit me.” I whispered.

“What?” Aaron said as the anger faded from his features.

“My dad hit me…and Nate was there. That’s why I left.”

“Has anyone talked to your father?” He said his tone rising with outrage.

“Nate yelled at him…but otherwise no.”

“I can talk to him.” Aaron said while starting for the door.

“Aaron, no!” I said catching him by his arm. “He’s probably not even home…just leave it alone.”

“Sage he harmed you. He physically harmed you. I can’t just leave it alone.”

“Please.” I begged letting a betraying tear slip from my eye.