Chapter Seventeen

I realize this is rather short but here you guys go!! I hope you like it. Also I've been debating about making a sequel to this. Yes or no? I would love some feedback for this chapter and for the sequel idea. Please and thank you!!!

Also the video on the side is of Brad ans Sage's duet. I don't own it, I got it off youtube!

Enjoy guys. :) 

Chapter Seventeen

“Hey.” I said sitting down across from Brad in a café across the street from the hotel we were all staying in.

“Hi.” He said smiling as he looked up from his menu.

“How was dinner with the squad last night?” I asked while opening my own menu.

“It was fun. I kind of wish Nadia wasn’t there, but she’ll always be at those things.” He said shrugging.

The waitress walked up asking for our orders and temporarily interrupting our conversation.

“Chocolate milk.” I said smiling.

“Coffee.” Brad answered.

“Are you two ready to order?” She asked as she scribbled down our drinks.

“I’ll have the turkey sandwich with a salad.” He said before handing her his menu.

“I’ll have a bowl of Trix cereal and a butter croissant please.”

She nodded before taking our menus and leaving.

“I take you to a café and you order cereal a croissant and chocolate milk?” He asked while laughing at me.

“I promised nothing.” I said putting my hands up in defense.

We made light conversation until our food arrived.

“Sage…I have a question.”

“Sure, ask anything.”

“You’re like best friends with Kalina right?”

“I would like to say so, ya.” I said laughing before taking a bite of my croissant. “Why?”

“Well…I was kind of thinking about asking her out.” He said while starting to shred his napkin.

I smiled. “I think that’s a great idea.”

“Do you think she’ll say yes?”

“Honestly…I have no idea.” I said leaning my elbows on the table. “But I think it’s worth a try to ask her. I’m positive you have a way better chance than any of the other guys she knows.”

“Really?” He said with the hint of a smile.

“Ya the last guy she went on a date with turned out to be a total ass.” I said as my mind drifted to Scott. He hadn’t been talking to me but he was still on the squad and I still saw him at school, but he hadn’t been talking to me or acknowledging me. Although at the end of our routine he has to help lift me up and be part of my base.

“Ok…I’ll ask her out if we win today.”

“Mm.” I said while finishing my sip off chocolate milk. “Speaking of the competition we should be getting there soon if we want to practice our duet one last time.”

*************

After rushing there and practicing our duet twice we gathered with our whole team and practiced our routine once.