Chapter thirty-one

Hey guys so here's another update! I've been super busy because I'm directing the play I wrote for my school so I have rehearsal three times a week and then I still have soccer every satuday and homework and what not. So sorry for taking so long but here it is! And fair warning this chapter is probably just gonna piss everyone off but I hope it's still good! The video on the side is of Brad and Sage's duet.

Chapter thirty-one

I didn’t sleep well all week not even when I’d switched to staying at Aaron’s house.

The only thing that comforted me was that Zoe seemed to be getting better.

“You’re going to have to talk to your dad eventually.” Aaron whispered as we watched Zoe play with her two friends.

“I know…I was thinking about going over today and talking to him about it…I just don’t want to have to deal with it.” I said leaning against the counter behind us. “And I’ll always be afraid he’ll hit me now.”

“If he does you can always stay here…or at Kalina’s.”

I was going to say ‘Or Nate’s’ but I decided that Aaron would probably get mad.

“Yeah I guess.” I mumbled watching the girls play with Zoe’s Barbie’s.

“Have you applied for colleges?”

“A few.” One. UCLA.

“That’s good.”

“Yeah.”

Our conversations had been rather dull lately, and I wasn’t sure why. Maybe it’s because my head wasn’t in it most of the time. I was always thinking about something else.

Or someone else.

“Did you think about what you’re going to say to your dad?”

“Not exactly…I was actually considering telling him that I wanted to move out…get my own place or maybe share with a roommate or something?” I said shrugging and not really in the mood to talk about it.

“You could always just stay here. I’m sure Zoe would love sharing her room with you.” He said sarcastically.

I laughed. “I’ll probably stay in an apartment nearby or something.”

“Won’t it be expensive?”

“Probably…which means I’ll need a job.”

“Will you have time to do that with school and dancing and cheerleading?”

“We can hope so.” I said shrugging again.

*************************

After talking to Aaron I walked back over to my house thinking about what I had said about trying to find an apartment. I hadn’t actually thought of it but when we were talking it seemed like a good idea. It seems like an even better idea now. Maybe it was just because my dad wasn’t home, or maybe it really was just a good idea.

I went upstairs and started looking up apartments in the area. There weren’t many so my search then turned into houses and even penthouses with people looking for roommates, I even tried looking at a nearby trailer park.

I found two possibilities and was about to check them out when the doorbell rang.

I scrunched my eyebrows while walking down the stairs to the door.

It wasn’t my dad because he would’ve just walked in, and Aaron or Kalina would’ve called first.

I opened the door to a grinning Zane. “So, the rock star returns.” I said leaning on the doorframe.