Introduction

18+ ONLY
TW/DEATH/CAR COLLISSION SCENE (MILD)

Annie didn't have a particularly hard life. She had her struggles like anyone else. Serotonin and dopamine were hard to come by, so she bought her own from the pharmacy. She managed, miraculously, to take it most days. When she didn't, the sun felt like it didn't shine as bright. She couldn't feel the wind. Like she was numb.

October 4th was especially hard for her every year. Seasonal depression existed, but that particular day was where everything went wrong.

FOUR YEARS EARLIER

As she arrived at the scene, Annie couldn't even cry. She was frozen. Not from the cold, she was in shock. She got out of her small, red sedan and closed the door. She looked at her surroundings. Metal. Grass. Trees. A body bag.

A body bag that contained her fiancé of two years' lifeless corpse.

Annie felt the pain welling up in her heart. She knew heartbreak wasn't literally your heart breaking, but it sure as hell felt like it. Her entire life fell apart before her eyes as she watched the paramedics lift the bag and deposit it into the ambulance.

"Annie, I'm terribly sorry" a gruff voice said.

A year finally escaped her eye as she looked at the man speaking to her. Albert, known as "Pops" to the small town community in Colorado. He was the fire chief, and one could assume that he was the one to discover that it was Sam's car that was driven off the road.

Pops opened his arms and Annie instinctively embraced the older man. He stroked her hair.

"Everything's gonna be alright now, darlin'." He said, consoling her.

"What am I gonna do, Pops? I can't be alone" Annie cried.

"You're never alone."