Chapter 10

Annie blinked herself awake in a daze. She touched the bed beside her. He wasn't there. She grabbed a shirt from the floor and tossed it on. She rubbed her eyes to clear them up. Her room was a mess. She went to the conjoined bathroom and brushed her teeth. She rinsed her toothbrush and heard stirring in the house. She traveled down the stairs. She found Josh in only his pants from the night before. "Good morning sleepyhead." He smiled.

"What are you doing?" She asked, hopping on the counter, watching him in the living room.

"Just looking around. You're a good decorator." He said.

"Thanks."

"Really only one song for four years? You have such good taste in music." He asked.

"Yeah. Just the one." She laughed nervously.

"In any of those days did you'd think you'd meet them?" He asked, hopping on the counter next to her. "That's my shirt."

"I just picked something up." She laughed. "You saw my room was a disaster."

"If I could be blunt, are we...seeing each other?" He asked.

"I'd like to think so." She said "there's just something about you. You're so intelligent. You have something electric about you. When you touch me I feel it."

"I feel like people refer to that as 'a spark' or 'chemistry'. But I feel the same about you." He smiled.

"What happens after tomorrow?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked, grabbing her hand.

"You're obviously a famous rock singer. You don't live here. What happens then?"

"Oh. Well. We could do the long distance thing. I don't prefer that, but it's an option."

Annie grimaced.

"Or I could move here." Josh continued. "I'd miss my siblings and my mom, but it would be worth it for you." He said, pushing a hair behind her ear and kissing her cheek.

"Or I could move to you?" She suggested. "I only have Pops and Grace. I could always come down and see them."

Josh's face lit up. "You'd do that for me?"

"Of course I would." She leaned her head on Josh's shoulder. "Can we figure out the rest of this out later? It's like 8am and have a headache."

Josh kissed her forehead. "Do you have any Tylenol?"

"Very left cabinet."

Josh hopped down and found the Tylenol. He got two out. He also got her a glass of orange juice. "I want to take care of you Annie."

Annie smiled as she downed the medication and the juice.

Josh went and sat on the couch in the living room. "You ready to hear the rest of our music? I have a few vinyls in the bus."

"Absolutely."

A COUPLE HOURS LATER

Josh and Annie sat together on the couch, Annie's body resting on Josh's lap. They laughed. A knock on the door interrupted.

"Annie! Wake the fuck up!" Grace shouted. "I need to tell you about last-"

Her sentence was interrupted by Josh answering the door. "We'll slap my dick and call me Sally. She got laid."

Josh cackled. "I'm guessing she wasn't the only one by the state of Jakes bunk this morning."

"Please don't break her heart. She's too good." Grace said.

"I wouldn't dream of it. She's perfection in one soul. Her smile makes me weak in the knees. Her laugh makes my heart skip a beat."

"And you are a famous white boy known for sexuality." Grace said firmly.

"Because I hadn't met her." He interjected.

Jake trotted up the steps to Annie's door. "You get laid too?"

"Not the time." Josh said firmly.

"Oh shit." Jake mumbled.

"I swear. I won't hurt her. She's an angel and I can't imagine hurting her. Her smile is one I would kill for." Josh pleased to Grace.

Jake tapped Grace on the shoulder. "He's serious. I haven't seen him like this in years."

"Where is she?" Grace asked.

"Shower." He answered, moving out of the way.

Grace trotted up the stairs into Annie's room. "You're rooms a mess!" She yelled.

"I know." Annie yelled from the shower.

Grace sat on the toilet. "Jake says he's serious."

Annie popped her head past the shower curtain. "What?"

"Annie I don't want your heart broken again. I love you to pieces and I just can't imagine what it would do to you." Grace said, crossing her legs.

"Grace. I love you more." She turned off the water.

Grace handed her the towel on the decorative ring.

"I think maybe he may be the one. I've never felt such electricity. Not even with Sam. Just Josh's smile is electric. He effortlessly brings me happiness."

"Promise me that if he throws any red flags that you'll tell me?" Grace asked.

Annie stepped out of the shower. "If you can help me pick out an outfit."

Grace smiled. She left the bathroom and went to Annie's closet. She picked out Annie a pair of short acid wash shorts, a white tank top, and a white lace duster.

"Why are you so good at fashion?" Annie asked.

"I'm a gift to the world." Grace laughed.

"I want to be his wife." Annie said.

Grace stared. "Well, I demand to be the maid of honor or I will object."