Chapter 15

Annie woke up with Josh holding her waist. She looked at her left hand just to check and make sure the night's events were not just a crazy dream. She admired the stones and curvature of the metal. She snuggled closer into Josh, and he let out a slight sigh.

After laying that mere for a few minutes, she wiggled out of the bed and put on a pair of leggings and a flannel. She went into the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She looked in the mirror. She didn't look like the same person she did three days ago. She didn't have the look of sadness she usually wore.

She went to the kitchen and made a pot of coffee. She put the needle back into the first track of the record. She let it play as she danced around the kitchen. When the coffee was done, she stopped dancing.

"Why'd you stop?" Josh said.

"Holy god!" Annie exclaimed, clinging to her chest.

"Sorry to startle you." Josh said, pulling Annie's hips to him and kissing her. "It was just so cute."

Annie smiled and kissed his nose. Josh released her and she poured them both a cup of coffee. "How do you like it?"

"Sugar and milk. Just a little." He said.

She fixed the coffee and handed him the cup. They both sipped and thought about the next day.

"Tomorrow, huh?" Josh asked.

"We have a lot to do." She said.

"I need to call my mom." He joked.

"Well. Let's get started." She said.

She took the whiteboard off the refrigerator and wiped it clean of a grocery list. She began to make a list of things they needed to do.

"I'll start finding a dress today. I know a photographer."

"Me and the boys will find suits as well. There's a good hiking trail that leads to a beautiful lookout about 30 miles from here."  Josh added.

"Pops already said he was available. Grace I'd have to wake up to ask but she has to go with me to find my dress."

"She and Jake are in a hotel room down town."

Annie widened her eyes. "Are they?"

"I think so."

LATER

Grace cut the ignition in the parking garage of the mall two towns from Annie's home. "I can't believe you are eloping."

"I wouldn't call it that. I may have put it that way, but we're not running off." Annie corrected her.

"You will be." Grace said flatly.

"I know. But I'll come to visit."

"Jake and I are an item, so I guess I'll be up there often."

"REALLY? Tell me everything!" Annie said, opening her door.

The pair walked into the mall and to a small wedding boutique. "Well then he said that he didn't. I was confused but whatever."

"Hi ladies! What can I help you find today?"

"Hi," Grace said. "My friend is eloping tomorrow and we need something for the both of us."

"Congratulations! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day!" The lady said to Annie. "What kind of silhouette are we going for? What's the venue?"

"We're going on a hike to a mountain. I honestly don't know what I want. Can I look around for a bit?"

"Of course! Let me know if you'd like to try anything on." The lady said, walking away.

Grace and Annie immediately started browsing the racks. They both picked out two options. Annie tried them on but none of them suited her. They went back to look at more, and Grace saw it out of the corner of her eye.

"This one."

Annie immediately tried the dress on. It was champagne colored tulle with a slit up the legs. It had more tulle, but not too much, hanging on her shoulder. The bodice was lacy.  She opened the curtain. She was speechless.

"Yes." Grace said.

"Absolutely." The sales lady said.

The price tag was itching her. She didn't want to look at it.

When they checked out, Grace pulled a black card out of her wallet. Annie snatched it. "Jacob Kiszka" it read.

"Absolutely not." She said.

"He insisted." Grace shrugged, snatching it back and sliding the card through the terminal.

The sales woman handed them the dress bag. "Congratulations again." She smiled.

"Thank you." 

The girls exited the mall. Annie texted the photographer she knew.

"My parts done." Annie said.