Chapter 8

A/N
One more warning- SEX SCENE AHEAD. IF YOU'RE NOT A DIRTY FORNICATOR PLEASE DO NOT READ.  (Jk)

Josh stroked Annie's hair as she rested her head on his chest. They were silent for a while. The silence didn't feel uncomfortable to either of them. Josh kissed her head and leaned his head back on the bean bag.

"I'm high as fuck." Annie whispered.

"Me too." Josh said.

"WOAH THAT WAS LOUD!" Annie yelled.

"Hey now. That was loud." Josh laughed.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" Annie asked.

"I don't know. Probably a rock star" Josh answered.

"I mean like, what do you think your purpose is?"

"To exist in a way that helps others."

"What's my purpose?" Annie whispered.

"To be beautiful." Josh said leaning Annie's chin to his with his fingertips.

Their lips met and this time wasn't unlike the first time they kissed. Electric. If 'gold' had a sense, that would have been it.

Josh ran his fingers through Annie's hair as she shifted herself onto his lap. Annie felt Josh's tongue graze her lips. "What are we doing?" Annie asked.

"I have another question, that may answer your question."

"Yeah?" Annie whispered.

"What are we?" Josh asked, resting his hand on her face.

"I don't know." Annie said "you tell me."

"I'd like for you to be my girlfriend." Josh smiled, looking at her lips.

"I think I can be that." She said. "So what does that mean for my question?" She asked.

"I guess we're about to fuck. If you're okay with that."

Annie nodded. "Give me one minute then follow me to the first room on the right upstairs." 

Annie rose off of Josh's lap and ran up the stairs to her room. She threw the clothes off of the bed. She ran to the bathroom and gargled mouthwash. By the time she spat it out, she could hear the footsteps of the man of her dreams ascending the stairs. She quickly took down her hair and took a deep breath. "You've got this." She said as she turned off the light to the bathroom that was connected to her room.

Josh knocked on the door. "Come in" she said, sitting on her bed.

Annie thanked herself for making the queen-size  bed that morning. She had put on it her new comforter. It was white with little flecks of color all throughout it.

Josh opened the door slowly, not sure what to expect. He closed it behind him as he took in the room. Annie had a bookshelf full of books, decorated with potted plants. On her walls were various Polaroids of her and Grace throughout the years. He could tell that she'd not changed very much.

"Welcome to my cave, where I spend 98% of my time when I'm home." Annie said, patting the bed.

Josh sat down next to Annie. He smiled and kissed her. "It feels like home." He said.

"I try to make it seem cozy." She said.

"It is." Josh said, kissing her again. Annie felt the sparks of his kiss again, this time followed with butterflies in her belly. Annie climbed in Josh lap, pulling his kiss closer into her. Josh slid his hands up the small of her back. Her skin felt the electricity of his touch. Josh used his fingertips to unclasped her bra while the other hand continued to caress her skin.

Annie took off her shirt. Josh marveled at Annie's body. "Damn." He sighed.

Annie flung herself on the bed. She unbuttoned her jeans and kicked them off. Josh took off his shirt. Annie stretched out her arms, beckoning for Josh. Josh placed his hands on either side of her head, letting the curls on the top of his head almost fall in front of his eyes. Annie unbuttoned his pants, the silky fabric fall limp.

"What do you want me to do?" Josh said, almost growling.

"Make love to me." Annie demanded.