Chapter 13

Josh signed a few autographs, every few minutes touching his chest to make sure the ring box was still in place. The crowd died down and he grabbed himself and Annie a beer. Josh smiled as he walked up to her. "Take a walk with me?" He asked, handing her the drink.

Annie took the beer and nodded. She grabbed his hand.

"What did you think of the show?"he asked.

"Is that what your concerts are like?" She asked.

"Not really. They're not that intimate. Usually we're at a venue of sort that's meant for concerts. Not someone's home." He giggled.

He saw the gazebo in the distance, with Sam and Danny hiding in the bushes. He took a deep breath.

"Annie."

"Josh."

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too." She replied.

"I really love you." They we're getting much closer to the gazebo. Sam hadn't lit the candles yet. "I haven't ever felt like this for anyone else."

Annie smiled. "I feel the same. I feel like you're meant for me."

Josh looked in the bushes to find Sam waving a remote. LED candles. Smart.

Josh sat on the small bench in the gazebo, hoping the darkness would conceal the decor. Annie sat next to him, not paying much attention to anything but Josh's eyes.

Josh did a small thumbs up to the boys. He saw a red light from the older camera they loved turn on. Sam pressed a button and the candles came on.

"Annie. This is nerve wracking. You make me nervous, but in a good way." Josh said.

Annie's mouth dropped for a second and then turned into a smile. She knew what was coming.

Josh held her hands.

"I can't leave this place without you. I'm not gonna lie. There have been other people. but you, well you're different. When I'm around you, things just feel right. I like you. I love you. I don't want to let you go. Annie."

Josh got on one knee. He took the ring box out of his breast pocket. "Will you marry me?"

Annie gasped at the ring. It was so gorgeous. It looked like it was made specifically for her. "Is this the deodorant?"

Sam and Danny laughed from the bushes, drawing Annie's attention. Annie noticed the red light and her face turned the same color.

"Yeah. This is deodorant." Josh laughed.

"Yes."

Josh scooped her up into a kiss. Sam and Dan clapped from the bushes as Pops, Jake, and Grace clapped from a few feet behind. "Our girls getting married." Pops said, hugging Grace's shoulder.

Josh slipped the engagement ring on Annie's left hand and smiled. It looked right on her. Annie smiled and looked closer. "You guys are sneaky."

"We are." Sam said.

"Wouldn't have it any other way." Jake said, arm around Grace's waist.

LATER

Josh pulled the record out of the sleeve and placed it on the turntable. It made a slight crackle noise as the needle touched the vinyl. He sat down next to Annie on the extra large bean bag. Annie slung her legs on top of his.

Josh pulled her into a kiss. "Thank you." He said. "I promise I will never purposefully hurt you. I will be yours until we're stardust once again."

Annie relaxed into Josh's arms. "Let's elope."

"Elope?"

"Small ceremony in the mountains. Just your brothers, Dan, and Grace. Pops is an officiant."

"When?"

Annie thought. The last day of the bonfire was a Friday. "Saturday."

"Saturday. Okay."