Chapter 4

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Wooyoung's POV

I'm already at my last subject for today. It was very exhausting but all I could think about is the new student, Yunho.

During our break he asked me to hangout and talk, so I accepted it because why not right? He seems nice and fun to be with.

I peeked at my phone to check the time and I saw that there was only 3 minutes left before classes finally end.

I started to countdown in my head... 3 minutes... 2 minutes... and 1 minu-

"Ok class that is all for today, we will continue our lesson next meeting. Don't forget to bring all the needed materials for our activity after the lesson. You can all go now" I immediately fixed all my things when our professor finally dismissed us.

I let a few students go out before going out.

While I was walking, I pulled out my phone to text Yunho.

|| Woowoo ||
Hey yun, I'll arrive in the cafeteria in 5 <

|| Yuyu ||
Ok! I'm already on my way!

I didn't reply anymore and just continued off to my walk.

But something feels odd... did I forget something again?!??!

Wait wait wait...

I checked my bag not once but twice, to see if I forgot something.

I have everything but something feels really really odd.

I was surprised when someone placed their arm on my shoulder.

"How was your class woo?" I checked who was talking to me and I smiled when I saw who it was.

"It was fine Yuyu, a little boring but I was able to get through it."

"Since we're already here, where do you wanna go Woo?"

"Anywhere is fine, do you like anything specific?"

"Hmm... I like dancing" He said as his smile becomes wider.

"Me too! You should join the dance club! Well... if you want."

"Yeah I might join tomorrow."

Our conversation continued on as we walked. And at the end, we decided to go to an arcade to play Just Dance and dance dance revolution.

2 hours went by very fast filled with laughter. We saw people watch us in amazement and some in curiosity but we didn't mind them and went to our own world.

When we felt tired, we decided to go to a small cafe before our hangout ends.

"Thanks a lot for today Woo!"

"No problem! It was really fun to be with you!"

After that, we decided to call this a day and went to out own separate ways.

It was already quarter to 7 and it was dark. There are only a few people walking.

It was really quiet, you can hear the wind blowing and my own footsteps.

I was surprised when I suddenly heard my phone ring.

I checked who it was and saw that it was Hwa.

Did he need something?? Its already late???

I quickly answered the call.

° ° ° °

Hello? <

> Woo where are you??

I'm on my way home, why? <

> I was waiting for you because you said that you will come here after classsss

Oh waittt, I'm sorry I forgot <
about ittttt

> *sigh* its fine

I'll try to make it up to you! <

> No need, like I said its fine

Still! How about Friday? <

> I guess thats fine

Then its settled! See you on <
Friday

> Yeah see you

° ° ° °

The call ended after that. And I finally realized why I felt something odd earlier!

I forgot about meeting up with Hwa! I feel like I'm a bad friend.

He says that hes fine but I could tell that his voice contained a tint of sadness in it and it really made my heart squeeze.

What could I give him on Friday? He said that he likes flowers... Maybe I could give him flowers as an apology! That could be a good idea, but, he might have a lot of flowers already... Oh! How about I give him so-

I collided with someone, sending us both to the floor.

"I'm sorry!" I said, quickly standing up and offering my hand to help the person up.

"Its okay! I was also not looking." He replied, accepting the help.

When he was back at his feet, it became really silent. No one said a word for a few seconds, not until he opened his mouth to say.

"You look familiar... Wait... Woo is that you?!?!?"

I was confused, how did this person know me? Is he a friend of a friend? A relative that I didn't know? Or maybe worse, a stalker?!??!

"Oh... Its been 5 years since we last saw each other, I guess its a little hard to remember." He added when I didn't reply.

But he does look familiar...

"Mingi is that you!??!"

"Yeah its me! Long time no see Woo!"

"Where have you been?!?! You just suddenly disappeared without a trace? I was really worried about you." I muttered the words loud enough for him to hear.

I noticed his mood changed for a bit but after a few seconds he replied.

"Something urgent happened and I didn't have enough time to tell you. I'm sorry I made you worried." He said reassuring me.

"Its fine, the point is that I was able to see you again!" I tried to cheer up the gloomy mood and thankfully it worked.

"Yeah! You know what, after the years that we were separated, we missed a lot of events."

We continued to chat while walking. Trying to update each other with the things we did for the past 5 years that we weren't together.

We discovered more information about one another. And I can say that we really changed a lot.

I learned that he just moved in a few weeks ago and lived only a few streets away from me and he is planning to enroll at my school.

It was really good to see my old friend again. But, it was already night. So we decided to exchange numbers and just continue our chat through calls and texts when we arrive at home.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎