Cuddling?

I don't get video games. Mum and Dad weren't really gaming parents. Mum's more of an over the top extraordinarily relaxed parent and Dad's mostly just a sci-fi nerd. So, every time Lorcan, Erika, and I are brought over to the Potter's, Lily hands me a controller and says;

"Play with me, Ly."

I think she does this because it's a safe bet she'll win. Today was one of those days. We were sitting in her living room, headsets on and I was getting my ass whooped. When I died for the last time, I threw my controller in my lap and ripped the headset from my ears.

"I'll just never be good at these, Lils. Doesn't matter how hard I try, I stink at online games."

Lily laughed at me and told me "That's not true. You can play The Oregon Trail pretty well."

I looked up at her "That's not that hard of a game, Lily Luna."

Lily wrapped her arms around my waist. I felt butterflies in my stomach and my heart started beating. I felt my face turn beet-root.

"Um, Lily? Why're you hugging me?" I asked. I wished I hadn't asked, because Lily let go.

Lily pushed a strand of her beautiful ginger behind her ear "I- don't know."

She stood to put the controllers away. I watched her move. She was amazing. Lily turned around and looked at me.

"Do you wanna watch a movie?" she asked.

I made direct eye contact with her; her green eyes sparkling even behind her glasses. I smiled.

"What movie?"

Lily moved over to a shelf that had so many movies "Let's see. We've got Back to the Future-"

"No. I've seen that so much already, it's not interesting anymore."

Lily laughed "Alright. Um, how about Into The Woods?"

I looked up at her "What's that?"

Lily smiled and told me "It's a musical about fairy tales. But they've got aspects of their original stories."

I thought for moment "Okay. We can watch that."

Lily put the movie into the DVD player and started the movie. When she sat back down on the couch, she laid her head on my shoulder and held my arm in a cuddly way. I kind of liked the way it felt, but I didn't know why Lily kept doing that. We'd been best friends since we were little, but she'd never cuddled with me before.

~~~

Lysander would be thirteen in this story

Lily would be twelve

I hope you enjoyed this. This was cute for me to write.

Stay safe, friends! I love you!