Flowers for My Lady

"Lily Luna! We're going to be late!" Hugo yelled up the stairs.

Lily leaned out the door, "You're the only one who's going to be late! Alice is your girlfriend! My boyfriends not here!"

Hugo made quite a loud sigh and trudged up the stairs to her, "Just come with me as a back bone."

Lily rose an eyebrow at him, "What's the magic word?"

Hugo's lips pursed and twitched before quietly saying, "....please, Lily?"

Lily rolled her eyes, "Well, since you asked so nicely."

She closed the door and walked down with Hugo. They met Alice at the kitchens and Hugo gave her a bouquet of violet tulips (her favorites) and planted a wholesome kiss to her lips.

Lily watched them, jealous, but Lysander had to help his brother set something up for his girlfriend, Rebecca. Lysander sent her some thoughtful presents that she had been wanting, so she didn't feel neglected. But she was still jealous Alice got to be with her boyfriend, even if her boyfriend was Lily's cousin.

As they walked down to the main corridor, Hugo and Alice began creating distance from Lily. Before she could inquire about it, she heard an unexpected voice.

"Flowers for Lily Potter."

Lily whipped her head from her cousin and Alice and made eye contact with Lysander. Now that he knew Lily was paying attention, he repeated differently.

"Flowers for my lady."