2023 to 1950: #2

"My name is Lysander Scamander and you're my great great grandmother."

2023

And that was the feeling Tina realized Lysander was messing with the past so she and Newt would be sure to remember. Tina got out of bed and lifted her locket from around her neck. She pulled a pen and small piece of paper out from a drawer and quickly scrawled a message. She then folded it up and closed it up in the locket.

Laying it out across the dresser, she tapped the tip of her wand against it and concentrated hard on sending the message back in time. She heard the spell work and put the locket back around her neck.

"Hope that helps, Lysander."

1950

Lysander tapped his foot impatiently against the floorboards. Lily squeezed his hand suddenly. He looked down at her hand.

"What is it?" he asked.

Lily looked up at him "Something just came through from the future. But, I don't know where it is."

Lysander focused and his eyes averted to the mantle place over the fire. Something up there was different, but he didn't know what. Lysander walked over to it and looked. Just his nana's locket, looking a lot younger. He looked around the room. No one was paying attention, so he picked it up and opened it. A small piece of parchment was folded up inside and the smallest handwriting he'd ever seen his nana write read his name.

He took from the locket and replaced the locket where it was. Then, he sat back down next to Lily and unfolded the paper. He read out loud:

"You should find the very time turner you broke in the top of Benjamin's closet. It was mine. ~Nana"

Lily looked at Lysander "It's been here the whole time."

"My nana owned a time turner?" Lysander asked himself, slightly stunned.

Lily snapped her fingers in front of his face "That's not the point, Ly!"

Lysander nodded and stood up quickly. He pulled Lily upstairs with him and peered into Benjamin's room. The kid was lying sound asleep in bed, so the two teens tiptoed over to the closet and reached up to the top shelves and pulled everything off them. Lily had so much in her arms now, her footing wavered and she dropped a box. It hit the floor with a thud and everything spilled out of it. Lysander and Lily froze in their places and waited for Benjamin to catch them. But Benjamin didn't wake.

The person who did catch them was Newt.

"What are you two doing?" he asked.

Lysander and Lily walked out of them room with the stuff. Lysander set his down on the floor and withdrew the note from his nana.

"Um- this says that in one of these boxes is the time turner we broke in the future and that is a start."

Tina had joined them "I sent you that note, I guessing." Lysander's went red of embarrassment to his ears, nodding slowly. Tina waved her wand and sent the boxes downstairs. She looked back at the teens. Smiling kindly, she told them "It's been a long night. Why don't you get some rest? The time turner will be there in the morning."

*

Lysander and Lily nodded. They pointed in the direction of places for them to sleep. Lysander knew where it was and felt so weird falling asleep there, because it was his parents room in the future. Lily was in the room next door, which was not so weird for her, he guessed, because during the past couple weeks, she was sharing Erika's room.

Unless, of course, she got lonely and had to come cuddle with him. Lysander lay in the bed and stared at the ceiling. He heard the door creak open for a moment and looked up at Lily.

"Lils? What are you doing up?"

"It's hard to sleep in this house when it's the past."

Lysander smiled fondly and beckoned Lily up next to him. She did and the two of them lay there together.

"Do you think we'll get back?" Lily asked him.

Lysander let out a long sigh "Honestly, I don't know. But don't worry, Lils. We will get back. We just need to figure out how to enchant a time turner."