AU: What If Lysander Died?

I watched him fall. He pointed his wand up and the ghost was yanked down. Running to the edge, I watched the ghost disintegrate in the acid. I felt tears falling down my cheeks. Lysander was falling to his death.

"I love you!" I yelled. It was something I should've said before.

Lysander swallowed, "I love you, too!"

I watched him hit the acid and scream. I screamed for him, covering my mouth. Riley pulled me into a tight embrace. She was looking forward, in shock at everything. Lorcan couldn't sit around. He jumped into the pit.

"Lorcan!" Riley, Alice, and I all yelled together.

We watched him gather up his brother, stare at him for a moment with the acid clearly hurting him, before pointing his wand upward and shouting, "Ascendio!"

He shot up out of the pit. Riley grasped tightly to our arms and grabbed everyone before disapparating.

~~~

I watched as Madam Pomfrey examined Lysander. She straightened herself and looked at us with a saddened look. Lorcan collapsed into a chair. I approached Lysander's side slowly. I felt my lip quiver as I looked at his lifeless face.

He looked like he was sleeping, but I knew better.

Leaning forward, I pressed my lips to his. It was like how I'd imagined at the beginning. They were warm, but soon started turning cold; almost like his life force managed to keep the warmth in just for me. Just once.

His face was covered, but I stayed where I was. I couldn't bring myself to leave him. He won't be able to live, and I will. That was the cruelest punishment for my little game.