Lucas Newton Scamander

"Lysander. Everyone's been asking, because you and Lily are expecting a baby, do you know what you're going to name it." an interviewer asked as they stood in Diagon Alley.

I laughed light-heartedly, "Uh, we have decided on his name, yes."

"Oh, you're having a boy?" the interviewer clarified. I nodded, "What's his name?"

"Uh-" I laughed and leaned close to the Quick Quotes Quill, "Not telling."

~~~

~~~

~~~

Lily sat in the living room, watching The Office. I set a tea bag in a cup for her and picked up my own cocoa. I don't like tea.

Handing her the tea, I said, "How can you watch this?"

Lily took the cup and kicked me lightly in the shin, "Shut up. I like it."

I chuckled and sat down beside her, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. Lily took a sip from her cup and held it in her lap. I sipped from my cup and set it down on the table beside us. A cry rang through the house.

Lily was about to go get it, but I smiled, "No, no, Lils. I'll get him."

I ran up the stairs, leaping up each step two-by-two. I walked into the nursery and picked up the infant crying his head off.

"Hey, little one! What's wrong now, Luke?" I asked as I held him close to my face.

I pulled away quickly, "Peuwgh! There it is! Let's get that nappy changed, then!"

I carried my son across the room and changed his diaper. Then, I picked him up and carried him downstairs, his head rested carefully in the crook of my arm. Sitting down, I handed Luke to Lily. She took him gently and kissed his forehead tenderly. Luke cooed in his little infant way that made me fall in love with my son even more.

~~~

~~~

~~~

"Luke! Lysander! Where are you?" Lily called.

I sat in Luke's closet, my knees squishing into my stomach. Luke giggled a slightly, which made me press my finger to my lips and smiled mischievously at him. Luke covered his mouth with his hand and giggled into his palm.

The closet door swung open, and Lily stood above us. I got Luke to his feet and shouted:

"Now!"

Luke jumped at Lily and started playfully chasing her around the room. I stood quickly to my feet. Lily ran into me, collapsing into my arms.

I smirked mischievously at her, "Remind of a certain time, Lils."

She hit my chest playfully to make me shut up. That's when we heard next to us,

"Kiss mummy, daddy!" Luke cried, giggly.

I chuckled and looked at Lily. I leaned stretched my neck down and connected my lips to Lily's. Luke made a disgusted sound next to us and I looked over at him and said,

"You wanted this."

Then, I leaned down and scooped him. I swung through the air before I held him safely at my waist. Lily stood on a toes slightly as she went to press a tender kiss to Luke's cheek. He giggled and I smiled fondly at him.

This was a life I wanted forever.